Definition of "outfit"

Old June 6th 08, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul U

Default Definition of "outfit"

What do others understand by "outfit"?

I have always used the term for the caravan and car, but the CC seem to use
it for just the caravan (an increasing number of sites now have the footnote
"No outfits over 28ft.")

Discuss.
--
Paul
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old June 6th 08, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Paul U" wrote in message
. ..
What do others understand by "outfit"?

I have always used the term for the caravan and car, but the CC seem to use it
for just the caravan (an increasing number of sites now have the footnote "No
outfits over 28ft.")

Discuss.
--
Paul
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

I think they mean no Motor Homes over 28 feet

I've very recently booked about 40 days away with the Caravan Club

My new van is over 22+ feet over all and the car is 16 feet + over all

The length of the van has always been asked for but there never been a problem

if you've seen some of the larger motor homes on a CC sites they're monstrous

The last one I saw as at Rookesbury Park a year or two back

It was bigger than a Shearings coach and then had a 4 x 4 truck towed on a trailer
behind it

Some one mentioned a ball park figure of 250K

DieSea

Old June 6th 08, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

It was bigger than a Shearings coach and then had a 4 x 4 truck towed on a trailer
behind it

Seen one like this on Garlieston.
Warden told him he could not book on as he was to big for the pitches. He
insisted and the warden was told by CC to put him on the grass but warn him he
would have to pay for any damage and a tow out if required. When I left he
was sunk to the axles in mud.

The new grass area looks very nice apparently!
Old June 6th 08, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote in message

It was bigger than a Shearings coach and then had a 4 x 4 truck towed on a
trailer
behind it

Seen one like this on Garlieston.
Warden told him he could not book on as he was to big for the pitches. He
insisted and the warden was told by CC to put him on the grass but warn him he
would have to pay for any damage and a tow out if required. When I left he
was sunk to the axles in mud.

The new grass area looks very nice apparently

Heavens know how much they weigh

15 Tonnes plus ??

Hope he got landed with a hefty bill

More brass than brainz

DieSea

Old June 6th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Hope he got landed with a hefty bill

If CC stuck to their guns he did. .
The warden was livid I know that much.
Old June 6th 08, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote in message

Hope he got landed with a hefty bill

If CC stuck to their guns he did. .
The warden was livid I know that much.

Perhaps the time has come for the caravan club not only to put length restrictions
on

BUT ALSO

Weight restrictions

How About a maximum of 3 1/2 tonnes per outfit to start with

Die

Old June 6th 08, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul U

"DieSea" wrote in message

Perhaps the time has come for the caravan club not only to put length
restrictions
on

BUT ALSO

Weight restrictions

How About a maximum of 3 1/2 tonnes per outfit to start with

No thanks. Car weighs 2.25 tonnes and caravan 1.4 tonnes!

With regard to the "outfit" length, I know it has caused a lot of concern to
my next-door neighbours, who are relatively new to this game. They even
cancelled a stay at Baltic Wharf last year because their car/caravan were
more than the CC "outfit" limit. I tried telling them, but . . .

Old June 6th 08, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"DieSea" wrote in message

wrote in message

Hope he got landed with a hefty bill

If CC stuck to their guns he did. .
The warden was livid I know that much.

Perhaps the time has come for the caravan club not only to put length
restrictions
on

BUT ALSO

Weight restrictions

How About a maximum of 3 1/2 tonnes per outfit to start with

Die

I'm losing weight!!!

Mary

Old June 6th 08, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:23:25 GMT, "Paul U" wrote:

What do others understand by "outfit"?

I have always used the term for the caravan and car, but the CC seem to use
it for just the caravan (an increasing number of sites now have the footnote
"No outfits over 28ft.")

Discuss.

With most towcars at least 15' and an A frame at least 2' the 28'
would only allow a caravan body of 11' so the no outfits over 28'
applying to car +caravan is plainly absurd, so the only possible
reasonable interpretation is that the outfit is simply the van.
Maximum length for a caravan is about 25' plus an A frame of 2' means
that it would be an illegal caravan that exceeded the 28' so this
further clarifies the footnote to mean that it can only be applied to
motorcaravans where the overall length is over 28'
Bill Lord

Old June 6th 08, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Paul U submitted this idea :
What do others understand by "outfit"?

I have always used the term for the caravan and car, but the CC seem to use
it for just the caravan (an increasing number of sites now have the footnote
"No outfits over 28ft.")

Discuss.

I have always assumed it to mean both, the car is the 'car', the
caravan is the 'caravan'. The one when attached to the other become the
outfit.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk