Camp sites in Germany

Old June 8th 08, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KateW

Default Camp sites in Germany

Can anyone recommend any good camp sites in Germany that are suitable
for a motorhome? We have three children who are aged 14, 10 and 8 and
so a site with plenty of activities would be great. Thanks.
Old June 8th 08, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"KateW" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any good camp sites in Germany that are suitable
for a motorhome? We have three children who are aged 14, 10 and 8 and
so a site with plenty of activities would be great. Thanks.

Try a repost to uk.rec.motorcaravans

rgds

Andy R

Old June 8th 08, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
terrys

"KateW" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any good camp sites in Germany that are suitable
for a motorhome? We have three children who are aged 14, 10 and 8 and
so a site with plenty of activities would be great. Thanks.

Have you tried looking at the Alan Rogers on line site its free and quite
good..

Terrys

Old June 9th 08, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D[_2_]

"KateW" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any good camp sites in Germany that are suitable
for a motorhome? We have three children who are aged 14, 10 and 8 and
so a site with plenty of activities would be great. Thanks.

Kate,

We have just returned from a six week tour of Germany and Holland and were
also in Germany for a few weeks last year. We went across the middle of
Germany, up to Berlin and then a couple of sites along the Baltic. We are a
retired couple who travel in low season and never prebook sites so it would
be difficult to make any recommendations to somebody with children. What I
suggest is to obtain a copy Caravan Europe Volume 2 from the Caravan Club.
This contains reviews by members of thousands of campsites. I agree with
Terrys that the Alan Rogers Guide would also be a good idea.

Dave.

Old June 9th 08, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham[_5_]

"Andy R" wrote in message

"KateW" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any good camp sites in Germany that are suitable
for a motorhome? We have three children who are aged 14, 10 and 8 and
so a site with plenty of activities would be great. Thanks.

Try a repost to uk.rec.motorcaravans

Even less activity on there than here. Unlikely to get answer on there for
days, if at all. I'd always post here if I want info as most of it is
relavent to both.

Graham

Old June 9th 08, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KateW

On 8 Jun, 22:04, "terrys" wrote:
"KateW" wrote in message

Can anyone recommend any good camp sites in Germany that are suitable
for a motorhome? *We have three children who are aged 14, 10 and 8 and
so a site with plenty of activities would be great. *Thanks.

Have you tried looking at the Alan Rogers on line site its free and quite
good..

Terrys

Thanks for that Terry, I will do!

regards

Kate

Old June 27th 08, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_2_]

"KateW" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any good camp sites in Germany that are suitable
for a motorhome? We have three children who are aged 14, 10 and 8 and
so a site with plenty of activities would be great. Thanks.

Kate

I don't know if this is too late for you but I have just returned from an
extended trip to Germany and I have uploaded quite few campsites reviews
here http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/europ...site_index.htm. I am not
sure what how you differentiate between sites that are better for motorhomes
as compared to caravans (which we use)? Happy to answer any questions on the
sites concerned and most had a representation of both motorhomes and
caravans. We do go out of season so not sure what sort of facilities you are
looking for regarding the children.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk