Motor Insurance 100 saved...

Old January 30th 09, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Motor Insurance 100 saved...

Hi all, as a regular visiter to this group, it's about time that I
made a contribution,
I have just saved a massive 100 on my insurance renewal, thought i
should share with
you guys how, first of all, I logged onto gocompare.com they beat my
renewal quote
by 60, with Hastings Direct. A friend had told me about a website
called
moneysavingcashback.com I looked at their cashback offers, they were
offering
40 cashback if you buy through them, job done 100 saved in 20
mins !!!.

Old March 3rd 09, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

What insurance company is it and did you get the same cover as with the
Caravan Club type insurances as I am possibly looking to change now we are
retired, it is amazing what we saved with the car insurance, but you have to
compare like for like.
How does moneysavingcashback.com work is it an insurance company?
Liz

Old March 3rd 09, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

You never really know how good your insurance is until you have to make
a claim.

Last February we bought a new van and switched from CC to Safeguard
underwritten by AXA, new for old. In September the van was washed away
in a flash flood and was a total write off. No quibbles by AXA, full
insured amount including equipment available to purchase a new
van/equipment

This coincided with the NEC so the manufacturers were offering
discounts, the dealer offered us no-trade in discount and our chosen
manufacturer also was offering 750 cash back on delivery.

Then between order and delivery VAT went down so that saved us even
more.

So we have gone from a Lunar Clubman ES to an Elddis Crusader
Supercyclone for about -380. Now that's what I call insurance!!

My only regret is that I had not added any contents insurance on the
van, relying on household insurance which does cover everything but in
these circumstances I am making claims on two separate policies which is
obviously going to impact my NCB. Penny pinching is not always the best
policy.

Hugh

In message , Liz Hall
writes

--
hugh

Old March 3rd 09, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich B[_4_]

Liz Hall typed:

wrote in message
Hi all, as a regular visiter to this group, it's about time that I
made a contribution,
I have just saved a massive 100 on my insurance renewal, thought i
should share with
you guys how, first of all, I logged onto gocompare.com they beat my
renewal quote
by 60, with Hastings Direct. A friend had told me about a website
called
moneysavingcashback.com I looked at their cashback offers, they were
offering
40 cashback if you buy through them, job done 100 saved in 20
mins !!!.

Liz

As this was a spam post, make sure you keep your eyes open. I always
mistrust people who introduce themselves as "regular readers" of a group
(note: not "regular posters") and then launch into some sales spiel.

--
Rich B

1971 S2a
1995 XT600E
2003 ST1300 Pan European
Oh, and a Ford

Take out the obvious to email me.

Old March 3rd 09, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Rich B" wrote in message

offering
40 cashback if you buy through them, job done 100 saved in 20
mins !!!.

Liz

As this was a spam post, make sure you keep your eyes open. I always mistrust
people who introduce themselves as "regular readers" of a group (note: not
"regular posters") and then launch into some sales spiel.

--
Rich B

1971 S2a
1995 XT600E
2003 ST1300 Pan European
Oh, and a Ford

Take out the obvious to email me.

I'm sure this was sussed as a spammer when it first appeared

Having said that I've just tried to RE-NEW my 5C's insurance with the Caravan Club
and after an afternoon waiting with muzac on hold I phoned the main switchboard

After another 3 phone calls and a 6 hour wait I was called back with reference to
my membership renewal

Needless to say they got a POLITE flea in their ear as I listened to them say they
had been experiencing high call volumes

I did renew and suggested that they made it possible to renew on line

My car insurance is due shortly I think I'll have a look around

DieSea

Old March 4th 09, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , DieSea
writes

"Rich B" wrote in message

[...]

I moved my motor caravan and Land Rover to NFU and saved quite a bit
compared to Norwich Union. I think it's always worth having a look
round, but I tend to stick to the better known names and avoid spamming
two bit brokers.
--
hugh

Old March 4th 09, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , DieSea
writes

"Rich B" wrote in message

[...]

I hesitate to move my caravan insurance

About 10 years ago the compound where I stored my 'van was broken into and many of
the vans torched

Mine had scorch damage to the front of the 'van

Those with insurance from the Caravan Club had their claims sorted with in four
weeks

Mine was'nt , it was six monts before I got the 'van back , they then hit my card
unannounced for an extra 400.00

It took me a lot of hassle to resolve the matter

I wont touch any insurance companies that are part of a head office in Norfolk for
anything

I preferre to pay a bit extra and know the company has a track record for sorting
things out quickly

I've been 'vanning for 40 years and only had one claim

DieSea

Old March 5th 09, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich B[_4_]

hugh typed:
[...]

I always used to insure the Landy with NFU, but broke with them for some
reason and a year later they wouldn't have me back. The message was
basically - 'no individual policies, but if you would like to move your
entire farm insuance over to us we would consider it'. As I don't have a
farm, this was going to prove difficult

Shame, cos they had the best prices for miles and a great track record
locally.

Old March 5th 09, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Rich B
writes
[...]

I don't have a farm either - just walked into local office and asked how
much for a Landie and a motor caravan and took it from there.

I left CC in a fit of pique as they charged me an admin fee of 30 when
I wanted to basically suspend/cancel my campervan insurance as I had
sold it privately and then renew when I took delivery of my new motor
caravan a month later. So I took the motor caravan to NFU and the
caravan to Safeguard - and promptly made my first claim in 35 years so I
guess they would have the last laugh except that they don't know about
it. What they do know is that they lost two long standing policies for
the sake of 30, but they are now such a large and commercial
organisation that basically the people who work a there don't give a
toss.
--
hugh