Stuart Little camping in our caravan

Old February 21st 09, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Katie3

Default Stuart Little camping in our caravan

Hi,
I'm new to this site. Just checked out our caravan after last trip
away in December, only to find mice have moved in. Have read some useful
tips on this forum and will return later to check our (humane) trap, as
may have something to release. We are also going to try the Bounce
tumble dryer sheets! Has any one else had recent problems with mice
during storage?
ps. it's a Bailey Ranger - don't know if that's relevant!

--
Katie3
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old February 21st 09, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
the great \\bertie

"Katie3" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm new to this site. Just checked out our caravan after last trip
away in December, only to find mice have moved in. Have read some useful
tips on this forum and will return later to check our (humane) trap, as
may have something to release. We are also going to try the Bounce
tumble dryer sheets! Has any one else had recent problems with mice
during storage?
ps. it's a Bailey Ranger - don't know if that's relevant!

--
Katie3
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

First question to address is where they are getting in

Les

Old February 22nd 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 21 Feb, 17:07, Katie3
wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to this site. *Just checked out our caravan after last trip
away in December, only to find mice have moved in. Have read some useful
tips on this forum and will return later to check our (humane) trap, as
may have something to release. We are also going to try the Bounce
tumble dryer sheets! Has any one else had recent problems with mice
during storage?
ps. it's a Bailey Ranger - don't know if that's relevant!

--
Katie3
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Hi guys
Posted a couple of times whilst i dont have problems with mice in my
caravan due to not yet owning one, what i do have is trouble with mice
in my loft, we have tried everything humane and otherwise trap after
trap we set still they came they love peanut butter and chocolate
spread we found, but could we get rid of the Riverdancing through the
night could we ell as like, we live admittedly in Loch Lomond backing
on to feilds beautiful yeah but this is a mice and now mole problem,
if their not in our loft the cat is bringing us daily presents of baby
ones, admittedly not right now thankfully wrong time of year for
babies.
Anyway to cut to the chase do yourself a favour the most humane way of
dealing with them is to go down to your local DIY store and but some
of the electric ultrasonic detectors, we have 4 spread out throughout
our loft THEY WORK CHAPS also availabe online search "ultrasonic mous
e traps" and you will find them 29 for 3 in DIY store 12.99 ish
online makes sense doesnt kill tenblighters just emitts anois ewe cant
hear and they can stops them entering hey presto, end of problem.

Another good idea brought to you by today's edition of T4 - T5 Club UK
at www.t4club.co.uk , www.t5club.co.uk
Old February 22nd 09, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 21 Feb, 19:37, "the great \\bertie" wrote:
"Katie3" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm new to this site. *Just checked out our caravan after last trip
away in December, only to find mice have moved in. Have read some useful
tips on this forum and will return later to check our (humane) trap, as
may have something to release. We are also going to try the Bounce
tumble dryer sheets! Has any one else had recent problems with mice
during storage?
ps. it's a Bailey Ranger - don't know if that's relevant!

--
Katie3
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

First question to address is where they are getting in

Les

Forgot what relevance does the tumble drier sheets have in this
equation do the mice not like the smell or something ???
Old February 23rd 09, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Katie3" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm new to this site. Just checked out our caravan after last trip
away in December, only to find mice have moved in. Have read some useful
tips on this forum and will return later to check our (humane) trap, as
may have something to release. We are also going to try the Bounce
tumble dryer sheets! Has any one else had recent problems with mice
during storage?
ps. it's a Bailey Ranger - don't know if that's relevant!

IME only two things actually work, the ultrasonic detectors and 'proper'
mouse traps. The 'humane' ones are so humane they don't even trap them.

Rgds

Andy R

Old February 23rd 09, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 22 Feb, 18:38, hugh ] wrote:
In message
,
writesPosted a couple of times whilst i dont have problems with mice in my
caravan due to not yet owning one

You can get one at any good pet shop
--
hugh

We want rid oif them not to get one thanks
Old February 23rd 09, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 23 Feb, 09:00, "Andy R" wrote:
"Katie3" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm new to this site. *Just checked out our caravan after last trip
away in December, only to find mice have moved in. Have read some useful
tips on this forum and will return later to check our (humane) trap, as
may have something to release. We are also going to try the Bounce
tumble dryer sheets! Has any one else had recent problems with mice
during storage?
ps. it's a Bailey Ranger - don't know if that's relevant!

IME only two things actually work, the ultrasonic detectors and 'proper'
mouse traps. *The 'humane' ones are so humane they don't even trap them..

Rgds

Andy R

So i take it the tumble drier sheets was a decoy to the mouse in da
house or possibly the caravan as the mouse is now apparently on
holiday to get away from teh damn ultasonic detectors, but hey he
smells nice due to them tumble drier sheets which knowone seems to
know why there, there anyway