First time to Spain...

Old March 4th 09, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
aiden

Default First time to Spain...

.... we're thinking that perhaps we should explore the other side of
the Pyrenees (May - July) having spent the past 10years roaming
France.

First; only decent road map we can find is the Michelin, but 1:400 000
- we're used to 1:200 000 in France - anyone found this a problem
whilst towing?
Second; is it best to keep to the big sites - i.e Benicassim for
instance we've heard has OK ones and easy access.
Any recommendations further north, Calella is an area we've thought
of?
Third; Where is everyone? This NG seems to have gone into hibernation
- or are you all out and about like we should be? :-}

Thanks for any assistance.

Old March 4th 09, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"aiden" wrote in message
... we're thinking that perhaps we should explore the other side of
the Pyrenees (May - July) having spent the past 10years roaming
France.

Third; Where is everyone? This NG seems to have gone into hibernation
- or are you all out and about like we should be? :-}

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill Lord still surfaces occasionally

"That Fisher Woman" hasn't been seen for ages

As for Dave Fawththrop is any one missing him

Well I am really , he was entertaining , in a harmless way

DieSea

Old March 4th 09, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW[_3_]

... we're thinking that perhaps we should explore the other side of
the Pyrenees (May - July) having spent the past 10years roaming
France.

Third; Where is everyone? This NG seems to have gone into hibernation
- or are you all out and about like we should be? :-}

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill Lord still surfaces occasionally

"That Fisher Woman" hasn't been seen for ages

As for Dave Fawththrop is any one missing him

Well I am really , he was entertaining , in a harmless way

DieSea

Can't help on the Sain trip but I'm here, sat in the back seats, watching,
in semi-hibernation.
Can't get away in the 'van as SWMBO has broken a bone in her foot and is in
a pot for several weeks.
--

What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Old March 4th 09, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:43:57 -0000, "DieSea"
wrote:

Bill Lord still surfaces occasionally

I'm here every day, just don't see things to reply to where I have
something constructive to say.

"That Fisher Woman" hasn't been seen for ages

As for Dave Fawththrop is any one missing him

Well I am really , he was entertaining , in a harmless way

I miss him he was entertaining.

Bill Lord

Old March 4th 09, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:52:43 -0000, "GrahamW"
wrote:

... we're thinking that perhaps we should explore the other side of
the Pyrenees (May - July) having spent the past 10years roaming
France.

Third; Where is everyone? This NG seems to have gone into hibernation
- or are you all out and about like we should be? :-}

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill Lord still surfaces occasionally

"That Fisher Woman" hasn't been seen for ages

As for Dave Fawththrop is any one missing him

Well I am really , he was entertaining , in a harmless way

DieSea

Can't help on the Sain trip but I'm here, sat in the back seats, watching,
in semi-hibernation.
Can't get away in the 'van as SWMBO has broken a bone in her foot and is in
a pot for several weeks.

All the more reason to get the van out and go away.

Bill Lord

Old March 4th 09, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:43:57 -0000, "DieSea"
wrote:

"aiden" wrote in message
.. .
... we're thinking that perhaps we should explore the other side of
the Pyrenees (May - July) having spent the past 10years roaming
France.

Third; Where is everyone? This NG seems to have gone into hibernation
- or are you all out and about like we should be? :-}

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill Lord still surfaces occasionally

"That Fisher Woman" hasn't been seen for ages

As for Dave Fawththrop is any one missing him

Well I am really , he was entertaining , in a harmless way

To get Dave back, just start a thread about 'how to caravan without the
orange cable' and he'll be there in a moment.

Richard
--
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk
....and so, as Old Father Time is finally traced to an address in
Old March 4th 09, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Richard Cole" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:43:57 -0000, "DieSea"

To get Dave back, just start a thread about 'how to caravan without the
orange cable' and he'll be there in a moment.

Richard
--

I don't know about that Richard

One or two have tried over the last year or so

He has yet to rise to the bait !!

DieSea

Old March 5th 09, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom[_7_]

"DieSea" wrote in message

"aiden" wrote in message
... we're thinking that perhaps we should explore the other side of
the Pyrenees (May - July) having spent the past 10years roaming
France.

Third; Where is everyone? This NG seems to have gone into hibernation
- or are you all out and about like we should be? :-}

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill Lord still surfaces occasionally

"That Fisher Woman" hasn't been seen for ages

As for Dave Fawththrop is any one missing him

Well I am really , he was entertaining , in a harmless way
DieSea

Don't know about Dave Fawthrop but came across "that Fisher woman" on
http://myreader.co.uk/gp/1315-1.aspx

Old March 5th 09, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

aiden wrote:

... we're thinking that perhaps we should explore the other side of
the Pyrenees (May - July) having spent the past 10years roaming
France.

First; only decent road map we can find is the Michelin, but 1:400 000
- we're used to 1:200 000 in France - anyone found this a problem
whilst towing?

We've done it briefly and no, it isn't really a problem. Well, it
wasn't for us ...

Second; is it best to keep to the big sites - i.e Benicassim for
instance we've heard has OK ones and easy access.
Any recommendations further north, Calella is an area we've thought
of?

Sorry, can't help there, we were only in Spain for two days, went from
France via Andorra and back again. We stayed on a large site near
Almacelles (Spelling?) but had to return quickly for personal reasons.

Third; Where is everyone? This NG seems to have gone into hibernation
- or are you all out and about like we should be? :-}

We were away at New year and been away a couple of weekends since and
have (I think) seventeen weekends booked so far for this year. Six are
Archery tournaments, four are just weekends away with ourselves and the
rest are caravan rallies!! With more to come, we haven't booked our
main holiday yet, but are thinking of Anglesey ..

So yes we're away, though mostly we take the laptop with us.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old March 6th 09, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
aiden

snip

Sorry, can't help there, we were only in Spain for two days, went from
France via Andorra and back again. We stayed on a large site near
Almacelles (Spelling?) but had to return quickly for personal reasons.

snip
Thanks everyone - France it is then!

Sorry to have disturbed you. :-}