Old March 14th 09, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Camping Guy

Default Dave Fawthrop

Does anyone know what happened to Dave Fawthrop that used to post here?

Old March 14th 09, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Camping Guy" wrote in message
Does anyone know what happened to Dave Fawthrop that used to post here?

Think he died.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old March 14th 09, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.walking,uk.food+drink.misc
Camping Guy

David wrote:

"Camping Guy" wrote in message
Does anyone know what happened to Dave Fawthrop that used to post
here?

Think he died.

That's a pity if he has. He was a regular poster here but I've not seen
him for ages and his website http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/ is
unreachable.

I've added uk.rec.walking and uk.food+drink.misc to the post because
they may know and he was a regular poster there too.

Does anyone know?
Old March 14th 09, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.walking,uk.food+drink.misc

David wrote:

"Camping Guy" wrote in message
Does anyone know what happened to Dave Fawthrop that used to post
here?

Think he died.

That's a pity if he has. He was a regular poster here but I've not seen
him for ages and his website http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/ is
unreachable.

I've added uk.rec.walking and uk.food+drink.misc to the post because
they may know and he was a regular poster there too.

Does anyone know?

Google his name, it tell you then.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old March 14th 09, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.walking,uk.food+drink.misc
Camping Guy

David wrote:

"Camping Guy" wrote in message
Does anyone know what happened to Dave Fawthrop that used to post
here?

Think he died.

That's a pity if he has. He was a regular poster here but I've not
seen him for ages and his website http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/ is
unreachable.

I've added uk.rec.walking and uk.food+drink.misc to the post because
they may know and he was a regular poster there too.

Does anyone know?

Google his name, it tell you then.

I've just had a look on Google but there's nothing definitive and many
of the posts are from trolls :-(

Someone must know for sure?
Old March 14th 09, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.walking,uk.food+drink.misc
Jhimmy

Think he died.

That's a pity if he has. He was a regular poster here but I've not
seen him for ages and his website http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/ is
unreachable.

I've added uk.rec.walking and uk.food+drink.misc to the post because
they may know and he was a regular poster there too.

Does anyone know?

Google his name, it tell you then.

I've just had a look on Google but there's nothing definitive and many
of the posts are from trolls :-(

Someone must know for sure?

I seem to recall someone confirmed Dave had died in a uk.rec.walking post.

HTH.

Jhimmy
Old March 14th 09, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.walking,uk.food+drink.misc
Roger

The message
from "Jhimmy" contains these words:

Someone must know for sure?

I seem to recall someone confirmed Dave had died in a uk.rec.walking post.

He may be dead by now but he wasn't at the time the rumours went round.
He surfaced again some time later in one newsgroup I frequent and even
reactivated his website. Memory being what it is I can't recall either
which ng it was or what his explanation was for his absence.

--
Roger Chapman
Old March 14th 09, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.walking,uk.food+drink.misc
Ophelia[_2_]

Roger wrote:
The message
from "Jhimmy" contains these words:

Someone must know for sure?

I seem to recall someone confirmed Dave had died in a uk.rec.walking
post.

He may be dead by now but he wasn't at the time the rumours went
round. He surfaced again some time later in one newsgroup I frequent
and even reactivated his website. Memory being what it is I can't
recall either which ng it was or what his explanation was for his
absence.

I think June was in contact at one point. She is off line atm, but she
ought to see this early next week.

Old March 14th 09, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.walking,uk.food+drink.misc
Guide Cats For The Blind

David wrote:

"Camping Guy" wrote in message
Does anyone know what happened to Dave Fawthrop that used to post
here?

Think he died.

That's a pity if he has. He was a regular poster here but I've not
seen him for ages and his website http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/ is
unreachable.

I've added uk.rec.walking and uk.food+drink.misc to the post because
they may know and he was a regular poster there too.

Does anyone know?

Google his name, it tell you then.

I've just had a look on Google but there's nothing definitive and many
of the posts are from trolls :-(

Someone must know for sure?

If you look again in Google Advanced Groups search, you'll find that David's
LAST post post in uk.diy dated 17th Feb 2008, whereas your FIRST post was
just 4 hours ago. I hope this helps on your quest to regain contact, with
your old usenet chum.

Jasper

Old March 16th 09, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 14:03:51 +0000 (UTC), "Camping Guy"
wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to Dave Fawthrop that used to post here?

Retrieved from Google:-

[Click the star to watch this topic] Dave Fawthrop is alive and
well!
Hi, For those who were wondering, Dave Fawthrop is very much
alive and well! I spoke to him this morning(26th). All rumours to the
contrary can now be consigned to the bin. Neil (Reply via NG please)
By Neil - Nov 26 2007

To see it yourself, search uk.rec.camping and also uk.rec caravanning

Of course that is over a year ago now, and I haven't spoken to him
since then.

Neil