Sun Canopy

Old March 15th 09, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul U

Default Sun Canopy

Summer's coming, I hope.

Any views on the relative merits of (e.g.) a Dorema Sun Canopy, against a
Caravanstor?

--
Paul
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old March 15th 09, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Paul U wrote:

Summer's coming, I hope.

Any views on the relative merits of (e.g.) a Dorema Sun Canopy,
against a Caravanstor?

We have a Caravanstore awning (and a full Dorema awning and a porch
awning and a .... ) and find it brilliant. Used about 12 weekends last
year and for a fortnight in France. Simple to erect, surprisingly good
at what it does and if I were to get another I'd get the zip-together
one.

On the way to France ..
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3062/...93ef37.jpg?v=0

We also have the sides for it and use a large windbreak for the front
and it's effectively an awning when it's al up ... though we mostly
travel and camp light with the caravanstore.

Somewhere else ..
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/...492575.jpg?v=0

The Dorema is for wintertime ..
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/...0a56d9.jpg?v=0

.... and for when ICBA with the caravan ..
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1062/...fc6ec4.jpg?v=0

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old March 15th 09, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul U

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Any views on the relative merits of (e.g.) a Dorema Sun Canopy,
against a Caravanstor?

We have a Caravanstore awning (and a full Dorema awning and a porch
awning and a .... ) and find it brilliant. Used about 12 weekends last
year and for a fortnight in France. Simple to erect, surprisingly good
at what it does and if I were to get another I'd get the zip-together
one.

Thanks for the photos. We have a relatively longish van (Pageant Champagne),
so would probably have quite a long Caravanstor. Better half is disabled and
unable to assist - are they easy to roll out and erect single-handed?

We're talking economy here!
--
Paul
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.
..

Old March 15th 09, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Paul U wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Any views on the relative merits of (e.g.) a Dorema Sun Canopy,
against a Caravanstor?

We have a Caravanstore awning (and a full Dorema awning and a porch
awning and a .... ) and find it brilliant. Used about 12 weekends
last year and for a fortnight in France. Simple to erect,
surprisingly good at what it does and if I were to get another I'd
get the zip-together one.

Thanks for the photos. We have a relatively longish van (Pageant
Champagne), so would probably have quite a long Caravanstor. Better
half is disabled and unable to assist - are they easy to roll out and
erect single-handed?

We're talking economy here!

We (wife and I) are only 5' 4" tall and find it extremely easy ..
though we now carry a three step-ladder when we have the canopy ..
which makes it easy .. Mostly I erect and pull-down the canopy
myself while Juliet does the water and electrics etc. We're generally
_completely_ setup within ten minutes of stopping.

Old March 15th 09, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_2_]

"Paul U" wrote in message
Summer's coming, I hope.

Any views on the relative merits of (e.g.) a Dorema Sun Canopy, against a
Caravanstor?

--
Paul
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Having had both I prefer the Caravanstor for convenience. First of all it
travels on the van so it does not take up space elsewhere. We also have a
front and side sun blocker which makes ita bit more versatile. Will
certainly go for another when we eventually get the new van.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old March 15th 09, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom[_7_]

"Paul U" wrote in message
Summer's coming, I hope.

Any views on the relative merits of (e.g.) a Dorema Sun Canopy, against a
Caravanstor?

Unless the Caravanstore has a wind up mechanism for putting away be prepared
to carry some steps or something strong to stand on X 2 if it is a large
one.