Folding Sack Truck

Old March 16th 09, 10:26 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Default Folding Sack Truck

For some years I have been using a folding sack truck similar to
this one:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...ing-sack-truck

Whilst it hasn't been abused, it has had a reasonable amount of
use.

It has now failed because the teeth on the load plate have
finally chewed their way through the plastic moulding which
carries the wheels.

Have others had a similar experience?

It is such a useful trolley to have around when caravanning, that
I am considering replacing it, but would prefer to pay less that
Machine Mart are asking.

I have found
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Ligh...7202143&sr=1-8

but it looks as though (what a surprise) quality might be related
to price :-(

Has anyone any suggestions?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old March 16th 09, 10:50 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Bruce

Chris J Dixon wrote:
I have found
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Ligh...7202143&sr=1-8

but it looks as though (what a surprise) quality might be related
to price :-(

Has anyone any suggestions?

I saw one in Wickes only the other day. I think it was 29.95.

Worth a look before spending more?

Old March 16th 09, 11:34 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Rob G

On 16 Mar, 11:50, Bruce wrote:
Chris J Dixon wrote:

I have found
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Ligh...ey-Barrow/dp/B...

but it looks as though (what a surprise) quality might be related
to price *:-(

Has anyone any suggestions?

I saw one in Wickes only the other day. *I think it was 29.95. *

Worth a look before spending more?

Several of the male family members got these at Xmas from me; Costco
15. I can't comment on performance as I've had no feedback, but it
does look as if it is the same thing as the Machine Mart one.

Rob
Old March 16th 09, 12:00 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
John[_11_]

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message

Has anyone any suggestions?

There are a few on E Bay ranging from 16.50 to 47.50 including postage,
most are on Buy It Nows. I am not selling any of them just thought I would
search "folding sack truck" on there.

HTH

John

Old March 16th 09, 04:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Parry

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 05:34:25 -0700 (PDT), Rob G
wrote:

Several of the male family members got these at Xmas from me; Costco
15. I can't comment on performance as I've had no feedback, but it
does look as if it is the same thing as the Machine Mart one.

The Costco one is a Magna Cart MCX . I've had one for about 12
months. They are well made and it has survived well.
Old March 16th 09, 06:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Rod

Chris J Dixon wrote:
[...]

I bought the cheapie from Lidl - not quite as substantial as that one -
but has already been invaluable. I have used it to transport two full
size washing machines - several times - and paving slabs. I'd guess it
will be for sale again sometime soon-ish. I think it was around 12-95.

Light and compact enough to sling in the boot without worry.

--
Rod

onset.
Old March 16th 09, 06:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

[...]

Seen this evening at a big B&Q under 13.00

DieSea

Old March 16th 09, 06:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
For some years I have been using a folding sack truck similar to
this one:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...ing-sack-truck

They had a similar one in the Aldi I was in today.
Looked OK but I didn't inspect it so it may not be.

Old March 16th 09, 07:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Liquorice[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:40:32 +0000, Peter Parry wrote:

Several of the male family members got these at Xmas from me; Costco
15. I can't comment on performance as I've had no feedback, but it
does look as if it is the same thing as the Machine Mart one.

The Costco one is a Magna Cart MCX . I've had one for about 12
months. They are well made and it has survived well.

I was going to mention the CostCo offering as well. I had a close look at
one and thought the construction was good and the mechanisium that holds
the wheels seemed robust and appeared to lock when they are out. Cheaper
trucks don't do that and the wheels can fold under when in use...

I didn't buy as I don't really have a use, another "it would be nice to
have" thing.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old March 16th 09, 07:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
The Medway Handyman

DieSea wrote:
[...]

I've got a B&Q one and its pretty good for the money, moved some heavy stuff
one it, feels solid.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk