To Aquaroll or not?

Old March 17th 09, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Default To Aquaroll or not?

Over many years caravanning I have used a folding trolley and a
pair of 25 litre water containers. As my trolley has just
broken, before replacing it, I am wondering if I should get an
Aquaroll instead.

As I see it, the Aquaroll is probably a little easier to drag
across a rutted field.

My trolley and water containers have the advantages:
1. I can see at a glance how much water I have left.
2. I can have a full container ready to swap at any time.
3. I don't have to waste water or take it back to the tap with me
when filling at a convenient time.
4. I can use the trolley for anything else, like gas cylinders or
waste.

Any thoughts?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old March 17th 09, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Over many years caravanning I have used a folding trolley and a
pair of 25 litre water containers. As my trolley has just
broken, before replacing it, I am wondering if I should get an
Aquaroll instead.

As I see it, the Aquaroll is probably a little easier to drag
across a rutted field.

My trolley and water containers have the advantages:
1. I can see at a glance how much water I have left.
2. I can have a full container ready to swap at any time.
3. I don't have to waste water or take it back to the tap with me
when filling at a convenient time.
4. I can use the trolley for anything else, like gas cylinders or
waste.

Well there are two sizes of Aquarolls, the smaller is heavy when full, so
take care if you choose the larger one.
( There are also other makes.)
I have 2 one in use the other ready for use.
If you get chance of second make sure it has the larger cap. The smaller
cap versions on the older ones will not allow modern submersable pumps to be
inserted.
I have a Wastemaster for waste water and this can be used as a trolley for
taking Toilet cassette to disposal piont.

Old March 17th 09, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:50:35 GMT, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Over many years caravanning I have used a folding trolley and a
pair of 25 litre water containers. As my trolley has just
broken, before replacing it, I am wondering if I should get an
Aquaroll instead.

As I see it, the Aquaroll is probably a little easier to drag
across a rutted field.

My trolley and water containers have the advantages:
1. I can see at a glance how much water I have left.
2. I can have a full container ready to swap at any time.
3. I don't have to waste water or take it back to the tap with me
when filling at a convenient time.
4. I can use the trolley for anything else, like gas cylinders or
waste.

Any thoughts?

Chris

I used to use a similar trolley to deal with my waste water container,
and compared to using the aquaroll it was much much easier to use to
the point of wondering why anyone should even consider any other way
of transporting water. I also replaced my Trolley with a wastewaster,
which although I can not use it for a gas bottle ( I use the car
anyway ) and again the wastemaster is a much better design than the
trolley, so my trolley now sits in my garage unused unless I want to
move anything heavy in the garden.
Bill Lord

Old March 17th 09, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Over many years caravanning I have used a folding trolley and a
pair of 25 litre water containers. As my trolley has just
broken, before replacing it, I am wondering if I should get an
Aquaroll instead.

As I see it, the Aquaroll is probably a little easier to drag
across a rutted field.

My trolley and water containers have the advantages:
1. I can see at a glance how much water I have left.
2. I can have a full container ready to swap at any time.
3. I don't have to waste water or take it back to the tap with me
when filling at a convenient time.
4. I can use the trolley for anything else, like gas cylinders or
waste.

Any thoughts?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Seeing the current price of aqua rolls ( Nearly 50.00)

I think I paid about 30.00 each when I bought mine a few years back

I might consider going your way if I had to replace mine

DieSea

Old March 17th 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Chris J Dixon was thinking very hard :
Over many years caravanning I have used a folding trolley and a
pair of 25 litre water containers. As my trolley has just
broken, before replacing it, I am wondering if I should get an
Aquaroll instead.

Yes, definitely get one.

As I see it, the Aquaroll is probably a little easier to drag
across a rutted field.

Much, much easier in fact because it is one full width 'tyre' it
doesn't dig in and its diameter males it roll over most things. I gave
in and bought my first a couple of years ago.

My trolley and water containers have the advantages:
1. I can see at a glance how much water I have left.

You can tell by giving the aquaroll a kick.

2. I can have a full container ready to swap at any time.

You can still do that [1], but remember they usually have a bigger
capacity anyway.

3. I don't have to waste water or take it back to the tap with me
when filling at a convenient time.

We usually fill up at a regular time, by which time there is not much
left anyway.

4. I can use the trolley for anything else, like gas cylinders or
waste.

Ours isn't actually an Aquaroll, it is a bit larger and a bit cheaper -
it is the common alternative (?). We bought that, found it to be so
good and then bought the waste unit to keep it company from the same
manufacturer. This has a rather neat indicator to show the level of the
contents and a fold out shelf - designed to carry the toilet cassette.
When we take that for emptying we use the shelf to bring back a small
emergency water container of a few of gallons.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old March 17th 09, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_2_]

[...]

Much depends on where you store your current containers. I use your method
and all plastic jerrycans and trolley go neatly into my front locker as
they're very light when empty. Just about everyone I know with an aquaroll
and wastemaster have to travel with them inside the 'van. I prefer to keep
the 'van clear and have had no problems using my trolley and will continue
to do so. Aquarolls and the wastemaster are big bulky things and despite
their possible advantages in use, I wouldn't swap. One other thing for you
to consider. My new Bailey came with the Whale Aquaflow system which has a
bulky filter to go into the water container. These filters fit the large
aquaroll but are just too big for the standard plastic jerrycan opening. I
had to make mine fit with the judicial use of a coarse file and stanley
knife.

John Miller

Old March 18th 09, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , John Miller
writes

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Wastemasters must have been designed by and/or for use by someone who
was about 5' 6" tall.

Latest toilet cassettes come with wheels on.
--
hugh

Old March 18th 09, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"hugh" ] wrote in message

Wastemasters must have been designed by and/or for use by someone who was about
5' 6" tall.

Latest toilet cassettes come with wheels on.
--
hugh

My Wife ( Washing , Ironing Fetching and Emptying ) complains about the Weight of
the Looe.

I wonder if you can get a replacement tank with wheels ??

At least that would stop her whinging

Tee Hee

DieSea

Old March 19th 09, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , DieSea
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message

Wastemasters must have been designed by and/or for use by someone who
was about
5' 6" tall.

Latest toilet cassettes come with wheels on.
--
hugh

My Wife ( Washing , Ironing Fetching and Emptying ) complains about the
Weight of
the Looe.

I wonder if you can get a replacement tank with wheels ??

At least that would stop her whinging

Tee Hee

DieSea

All together now - That's not a bad swap :-(
--
hugh

Old March 23rd 09, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

wrote:

Over many years caravanning I have used a folding trolley and a
pair of 25 litre water containers. As my trolley has just
broken, before replacing it, I am wondering if I should get an
Aquaroll instead.

As I see it, the Aquaroll is probably a little easier to drag
across a rutted field.

My trolley and water containers have the advantages:
1. I can see at a glance how much water I have left.
2. I can have a full container ready to swap at any time.
3. I don't have to waste water or take it back to the tap with me
when filling at a convenient time.
4. I can use the trolley for anything else, like gas cylinders or
waste.

Any thoughts?

Chris

My last three caravans have had an onboard water container - an ABI
Adventurer, an Adria Unica, and currently a Lunar Chateau. Since
having these, I have abandonned the pair of Aquarolls which I acquired
second-hand soon after starting caravanning. My water portage of
choice has for some time now been a pair of ex-army 20 litre water
jerry cans, and a folding sack truck.

This is because a 20 litre jerry is convenient to store, convenient to
lift onto my shoulder and with an attached tap and pipe, pour into my
onboard container, without the need for a transfer pump(and having a
vent cap - quicker too). The sack truck makes the trip with a full
toilet cassette, to the elsan disposal point a lot easier, as well as
being generally very useful to have on site.

The jerry cans are also used with Whale V pump in the top, when we
camp with a tent.

Perhaps if I didn't have onboard water, I'd still be using Aquarolls -
but I'd probably still carry the sack truck!

Neil