Long term tourer use

Old March 22nd 09, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B[_2_]

Default Long term tourer use

Hi

This may have been asked before, but I haven't been on for a while and
lost all previous post. due to I.P. change etc.

What is the legislation re staying long term on a caravan park with a
tourer (not CC or C&CC) andf if you have to move off , for how long?

TIA

Ian B

Please reply to Newsgroup - Antispam applied

Avoid paying premium phone rates -
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Old March 22nd 09, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

I think it used to be 28 days, but we have been on some sights where people
are obviously resident there and in some cases working locally near Oxford
(Didcot Power Station) and in Suffolk (Felixstowe docks) so I am not sure
if it is private site.
Liz

Old March 22nd 09, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B[_2_]

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
I think it used to be 28 days, but we have been on some sights where
people are obviously resident there and in some cases working locally
near Oxford (Didcot Power Station) and in Suffolk (Felixstowe docks)
so I am not sure if it is private site.
Liz

Cheers Liz

IIRC the 28 days is for the club & affiliated sites, I meant 'LONG'
term as on an almost residential site. My stepson & partner are on
one and have been there for almost 12 months, having returned home
after selling up and travelling Australasia. Although they are
looking for a house, this won't be finalised before the 12 month slot
and I was mainly wondering how long the would have to disconnect for
to be legal.

Old March 23rd 09, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Ian B
writes
Hi

This may have been asked before, but I haven't been on for a while and
lost all previous post. due to I.P. change etc.

What is the legislation re staying long term on a caravan park with a
tourer (not CC or C&CC) andf if you have to move off , for how long?

TIA

Depends on the planning permission obtained by the park. Max is 11
months in the year, I think. You don't have to physically move off
AFAIK, but you'll find the site itself will close for one month, usually
Jan or Feb.
--
hugh

Old March 23rd 09, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

I would have thought there was perhaps some local authority rules regarding
using a caravan on a commercial site for more than 28 days.
Liz

Old March 23rd 09, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
I would have thought there was perhaps some local authority rules regarding using
a caravan on a commercial site for more than 28 days.
Liz

There is

Don't know hat they are

Most sites seem to accommodate it by logging the days the occupiers are away

If you look at the way the caravan club works it on their seasonal sites you have
to move out the site for a few days every few months , caravan and all.

I'm told but I'm not sure if its right , the reason some sites open for 9 or 11
months is to do with the rateable value

DieSea

Old April 2nd 09, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
vicky jenkins

I own a small rural caravan park and yes the norm is 28 days this is the
rule that the Planning impose on the caravan park, unless you are registered
with the CCC or CC which is the full term of the park licence i.e 10 months.

You may store your caravan for longer if the park allows, hope this helps.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/130610015.aspx