Can I still use our terrestrial TV Set in France

Old March 29th 09, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark Stowell

Default Can I still use our terrestrial TV Set in France

We are caravanning in France and Spain this summer after a break of about
4 years. Previously our TV (which was bought for multi country use) could
receive various French channels but I understand they may have changed to
digital. Enquiries on the net were inconclusive. Does anyone what the
situation is as we don't want to take the set if we can't use it
Many thanks

Mark

Old March 30th 09, 06:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"Mark Stowell" wrote in message
We are caravanning in France and Spain this summer after a break of
about 4 years. Previously our TV (which was bought for multi country use)
could receive various French channels but I understand they may have
changed to digital. Enquiries on the net were inconclusive. Does anyone
what the situation is as we don't want to take the set if we can't use it
Many thanks

Mark

I'm referring to Farce 1 ,2, 3 We have over the last few years found that
reception has varied depending where were, teletext was useless.everywhere
last year. we're leaving our multistandard set at home from now on.

Smiler

Old March 30th 09, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"Smiler" wrote in message

"Mark Stowell" wrote in message
We are caravanning in France and Spain this summer after a break of
about 4 years. Previously our TV (which was bought for multi country
use) could receive various French channels but I understand they may have
changed to digital. Enquiries on the net were inconclusive. Does anyone
what the situation is as we don't want to take the set if we can't use
it
Many thanks

Mark

I'm referring to Farce 1 ,2, 3 We have over the last few years found that
reception has varied depending where were, teletext was useless.everywhere
last year. we're leaving our multistandard set at home from now on.

Smiler

Possibly freudian slip: for Farce read France Smiler.

Old March 30th 09, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark Stowell

Many thanks for the helpful responses Lofty and Smiler