Wiring up a towbar

Old April 1st 09, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

Default Wiring up a towbar

Hello everyone,
The season is upon us again. I have just fitted a towbar
to my car, saving a fair bit of money. Next thing to do is wire it up for
the caravan. I have a Mondeo MK2 and need to wire up the 12N electrics.
Anyone know what the wiring colours for this car are? I have got a circuit
tester, Is it just a case of attaching it to earth and switching on the
wside lights and prodding the wires bit the sharp bit? I do have a diagram
of the 12N socket wiring and which socket/colour goes where.
Thanks for any pointers.

--
Stuart
Old April 1st 09, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
howie

"Tunku" wrote in message
Hello everyone,
The season is upon us again. I have just fitted a towbar
to my car, saving a fair bit of money. Next thing to do is wire it up for
the caravan. I have a Mondeo MK2 and need to wire up the 12N electrics.
Anyone know what the wiring colours for this car are? I have got a circuit
tester, Is it just a case of attaching it to earth and switching on the
wside lights and prodding the wires bit the sharp bit? I do have a diagram
of the 12N socket wiring and which socket/colour goes where.
Thanks for any pointers.

--
Stuart

if you cant find the correct drawing then yes its relatively straight
forward,simply switch each circuit on in turn and test for voltage on each
wire.
Im assuming the mondeo doesn't have canbus or bulb blown protection ? if so
then you need to put in a 7 way bypass relay-which basically takes a
positive
and by tapping in to each circuit -only takes a minute amount of current and
the relay does the rest.HTH
howie