Speed Sticker?

Old April 3rd 09, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Speed Sticker?

I've noted today washing my caravan that it does not have a 60 sticker, do
not think it had at new.
Are they no longer fitted?

Also noted visiting caravans from EU do not have country stickers on.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old April 3rd 09, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:41:24 +0100, "David"
wrote:

I've noted today washing my caravan that it does not have a 60 sticker, do
not think it had at new.
Are they no longer fitted?

Also noted visiting caravans from EU do not have country stickers on.

They have never been a requirement in th 17 years that I have been
towing.

Bill Lord

Old April 3rd 09, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

I've noted today washing my caravan that it does not have a 60 sticker, do
not think it had at new.
Are they no longer fitted?

Also noted visiting caravans from EU do not have country stickers on.

They have never been a requirement in th 17 years that I have been
towing.

Bill Lord

To the best of my belief

They not been a legal requirement in the FORTY years I've been caravanning

Having said that ,

It might be a good idea to remind some people of the speed limit we are limited to

I've just been up the A65 between Long Preston and Kendal ,

Some idiot was doing more than 70 with a 'van on the back and not very stable to
boot

DieSea

Old April 5th 09, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

DieSea wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I've noted today washing my caravan that it does not have a 60 sticker, do
not think it had at new.
Are they no longer fitted?

They not been a legal requirement in the FORTY years I've been caravanning

When my family first started caravanning in the 60s, IIRC, the
rules were that the limit was 40, unless the van's max laden
weight was less than the cars kerbside weight, and both were
displayed, together with a 50 sticker on the van.

When I later took over the van, and the rules changes, I covered
it with a GB sticker.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old April 5th 09, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane[_2_]

Chris J Dixon wrote in
:

When my family first started caravanning in the 60s, IIRC, the
rules were that the limit was 40, unless the van's max laden
weight was less than the cars kerbside weight, and both were
displayed, together with a 50 sticker on the van.

AFAICT that rule still applied in the seventies. My first 'van was a mid-
to-late 1970s Ace Ambassador that came complete with a "50" sticker. I
suspect that the original owners wouldn't have put that sticker on the 'van
unless that rule was in force.

However, the rule was no longer in force when I bought the 'van and having
a sticker really dated a caravan. So I peeled off the sticker when I had an
idle ten minutes or so some time during our first season.

HTH,

Geoff