Acrylic awning repair?

Old April 6th 09, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Default Acrylic awning repair?

Our acrylic awning roof was split by a sudden storm last year, just by
the awning rail. The split is about 9" long - I have matching material
on the way and I'm quite capable of stitching it up, but is it usual to
use some sort of glue under the patch repair?

Cheers..

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old April 6th 09, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Our acrylic awning roof was split by a sudden storm last year, just by
the awning rail. The split is about 9" long - I have matching material
on the way and I'm quite capable of stitching it up, but is it usual to
use some sort of glue under the patch repair?

Cheers..

I'd say, yes. If nothing else it will assist in spreading the loads into
the the bulk material rather than have them concentrated at the
stitching holes.
Old April 6th 09, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
Our acrylic awning roof was split by a sudden storm last year, just by the
awning rail. The split is about 9" long - I have matching material on the way
and I'm quite capable of stitching it up, but is it usual to use some sort of
glue under the patch repair?

Cheers..

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Harry

Talk to the Bods in Tod

NR Awnings have a good reputation for being VERY HELPFUL

You do of course have an NR Awning

DieSea

Old April 7th 09, 06:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

If going for a proffesional repairer try going direct to one, taking to a
dealer may incur a mark up in price.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old April 8th 09, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Harry Bloomfield formulated on Monday :
Our acrylic awning roof was split by a sudden storm last year, just by the
awning rail. The split is about 9" long - I have matching material on the way
and I'm quite capable of stitching it up, but is it usual to use some sort of
glue under the patch repair?

Cheers..

I contacted NR and the maker of my awning. The first said do not use
any glue, it might react with the material. The other said to use some
Bostik

Old April 8th 09, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
Harry Bloomfield formulated on Monday :
Our acrylic awning roof was split by a sudden storm last year, just by the
awning rail. The split is about 9" long - I have matching material on the way
and I'm quite capable of stitching it up, but is it usual to use some sort of
glue under the patch repair?

Cheers..

I contacted NR and the maker of my awning. The first said do not use any glue,
it might react with the material. The other said to use some Bostik

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

You have the answer Harry

The maker of the awning should know what they're talking about

And NR gave a reasonable answer , glue may react on the materials they use for
their awnings

I must admit I hear nothing but praise of Nr their awnings and their after sales

The only grumble I have with them is when I wandered it to by a new awning for the
'van

They were not able to tell me the size I wanted

Now I know I'll pop over and order one some time , the only trouble is they're in
yorkshire !!

DieSea

Old April 8th 09, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

DieSea submitted this idea :
Now I know I'll pop over and order one some time , the only trouble is
they're in yorkshire !!

Passport expired :-)

Old April 8th 09, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
DieSea submitted this idea :
Now I know I'll pop over and order one some time , the only trouble is they're
in yorkshire !!

Passport expired :-)

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

I have more than ONE CROSS to bear

The Wife come from Yorkshire

So its a case of BLACKMAIL

If she wants driving across to visit relatives , then my passport has to be
stamped

And on the way back I can pop into NR

DieSea

Old April 8th 09, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John B[_5_]

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
DieSea submitted this idea :
Now I know I'll pop over and order one some time , the only trouble is
they're in yorkshire !!

Passport expired :-)

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk