Thetford cassette toilet not flushing

Old April 7th 09, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Cole

Default Thetford cassette toilet not flushing

Hi
We have just changed over to an new (to us)caravan with a thetford
cassettte toilet which is not flushing. I think it is the C2 or C4
model. Manual flush no build in paper holder. Yes there is flushing
water in the tank. when you turn the large round wheel on the right
( looking at it) about 1/2 a turn nothing comes out. Any known faults
it could be. Is it easy to get at the pump.
Thanks for reading
Mike
Old April 7th 09, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Mike Cole wrote:
Hi
We have just changed over to an new (to us)caravan with a thetford
cassettte toilet which is not flushing. I think it is the C2 or C4
model. Manual flush no build in paper holder. Yes there is flushing
water in the tank. when you turn the large round wheel on the right
( looking at it) about 1/2 a turn nothing comes out. Any known faults
it could be. Is it easy to get at the pump.
Thanks for reading
Mike

Sounds like a C4

Don't know what literature you have available ... start he
http://www.thetford-europe.com/web/s...4549/langid=42
http://www.thetford-europe.com/web/s...1498/langid=42

..... but I don't see a 'hold your hand' troubleshooting guide anywhere.
Old April 7th 09, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Mike Cole formulated on Tuesday :
Hi
We have just changed over to an new (to us)caravan with a thetford
cassettte toilet which is not flushing. I think it is the C2 or C4
model. Manual flush no build in paper holder. Yes there is flushing
water in the tank. when you turn the large round wheel on the right
( looking at it) about 1/2 a turn nothing comes out.

Manual as in manually operated pump, or you turn the handle to open the
slide and that same handle operates the pump if you press it?

If its an electric pump type then it needs a 12v supply, check the rest
of the 12v equipment - is it all working, if not could be a blown fuse.

Any known faults
it could be. Is it easy to get at the pump.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old April 8th 09, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike[_11_]

:
Mike Cole asked on Tuesday :

*Hi
We have just changed over to *an new (to us)caravan with a thetford
cassettte toilet which is not flushing. I think it is the C2 or C4
model. Manual flush no build in paper holder. *Yes there is flushing
water in the tank. when you turn the large round wheel on the right
( looking at it) about 1/2 a turn nothing comes out.

To answer my own question.The top of the rotating pump comes off
showing that a simple billow type pump underneath. Taking this part
out and testing in a bowl of water is simple and means a new pump
for me.

Mike