Ant in Caravan

Old April 11th 09, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howard Morgan

Default Ant in Caravan

I'm sure this has been asked before - I hope somebody can help me out

Just returned from a few days away and found that the caravan was infested
with a kind of little ant. We couldn't find where they were coming from we
just want to get rid of them - has anybody got any suggestions please

Old April 11th 09, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 23:13:03 +0100, "Howard Morgan"
wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked before - I hope somebody can help me out

Just returned from a few days away and found that the caravan was infested
with a kind of little ant. We couldn't find where they were coming from we
just want to get rid of them - has anybody got any suggestions please

Set fire to the caravan.

Old April 12th 09, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked before - I hope somebody can help me out

Just returned from a few days away and found that the caravan was infested
with a kind of little ant. We couldn't find where they were coming from we
just want to get rid of them - has anybody got any suggestions please

Set fire to the caravan.

Wait till you get elephants in, they are buggers to shift as well

Old April 13th 09, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Elbeardo

I had the same problem a couple of years ago while we were in the South of
France, I am still not sure where they got in but they were everywhere
inclined a tin of biscuits in one of the top lockers.

We went to the local supermarket and bought a big container of ant powder.
Ran it all round the edges of the walls, bottom lockers (both inside and
out). Was a bit unsightly but got rid of them quickly, just vacuumed the
powder up when we returned home.

Tony Falla

Old April 17th 09, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Send for Dec sorry any killer usually works in the house. Clear up sugar
after use as this attracts them.
Liz

Old April 30th 09, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gazz

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
Send for Dec sorry any killer usually works in the house. Clear up sugar
after use as this attracts them.
Liz
"Howard Morgan" wrote in message
I'm sure this has been asked before - I hope somebody can help me out

Just returned from a few days away and found that the caravan was
infested with a kind of little ant. We couldn't find where they were
coming from we just want to get rid of them - has anybody got any
suggestions please

The perfect excuse to take a pet anteater with you when you go camping?

Old May 9th 09, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Howard Morgan wrote :
I'm sure this has been asked before - I hope somebody can help me out

Just returned from a few days away and found that the caravan was infested
with a kind of little ant. We couldn't find where they were coming from we
just want to get rid of them - has anybody got any suggestions please

Late reply, because have just suffered these in the house...

We saw around a couple of dozen ants, over a few days at various places
on the ground floor and were not able to find a nest. Wilkinsons sell a
Bait Station called Antstop, two in a pack for around 1.50. You just
break the tabs off the station and put it where you have most often
seen the ants. They then take the poison with them, back to the nest.

It seems to have worked, because we have not seen any at all since
then. It seems a tidier solution than putting the powder around. They
were the none biting black ants.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk