Which is better

Old April 14th 09, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
news.virginmedia.com

Default Which is better

Hi

I thinking of joining a caravan club, but don't know which is best value.

I like going to CL site most if this helps.

Should I join 'The Camping and Caravan Club' or 'The Caravan Club'?

What are your Experiences?

Thank you

Darren
Old April 14th 09, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:54:40 +0100, "news.virginmedia.com"
wrote:

Hi

I thinking of joining a caravan club, but don't know which is best value.

I like going to CL site most if this helps.

Should I join 'The Camping and Caravan Club' or 'The Caravan Club'?

What are your Experiences?

Thank you

Darren

CC has about 220 of it's own sites and over 2500Cl's ( small 5 five
van independant sites of variable standard licensed by the club for
members only ) , the standard of it's sites is consistently high over
the whole network, it provides every service that a caravanner could
need and all the services are comparable with the best of service that
you can find anywhere. When you arrive at a club site you book in and
pay your fees, no deposits are taken so the whole fee is paid at this
time, you are then given information about the site and are told to go
go and have a look at the pitches available ( all empty pitches are
available ) choose one, set up and then let the wardens know where you
have gone. Should you decide for whtever reason that you need to leave
before the date that you have paid till, you can inform the wardens
that you are leaving and will receive a refund of all fees for the
days that you have paid for but will not be staying for.

CCC has about 110 sites of it's own and a network of about 1000 CS's (
like CL's ), the standard of the sites over the whole network is of a
more variable standard with the best sites comparing favourably with
the CC sites. It also provides a full range of high quality services
for the caravanner that are just as good as those provided by the CC.
When you arrive at a club site you book in and pay the remainder of
your fees ( a deposit will be taken when you book which if you have to
cancel for any reason should be available for you to use at some later
time in the same year), the warden will decide where you are to pitch
and will escort you to it and ensure that you have pitched precisely
as he requires. Should you need to leave for any reason the fees that
you have paid will be forfeit ( though in some circumstances by
special request to head office giving circumstances and doctors notes
be placed on account for you to use in the rest of the year )

I have been a member of the CC for 17 years and have never regretted
it, I have been a member of the CCC on two occasion in the last four
years and have on both occasions resigned it just did not suit me. I
know of a lot of people who like and use the CCC so I would suggest
that it is worthwhile joining both clubs and seeing which one suits
your purpose best
Bill Lord

Old April 15th 09, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

news.virginmedia.com wrote:

Hi

I thinking of joining a caravan club, but don't know which is best
value.

I like going to CL site most if this helps.

Should I join 'The Camping and Caravan Club' or 'The Caravan Club'?

What are your Experiences?

We prefer Cravan Club and now also go to their rallies!

Very good value for money, we rarely use 'real' sites and much prefer
the CL's for quiet, clean, just plain good sites.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old April 15th 09, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , news.virginmedia.com
writes
Should I join 'The Camping and Caravan Club' or 'The Caravan Club'?

Yes
--
hugh

Old April 30th 09, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gazz

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , news.virginmedia.com
writes
Should I join 'The Camping and Caravan Club' or 'The Caravan Club'?

if you can, both?

used to be in the CC, left when they brought in that compulsary lecky charge
in the pitch fee, as my motorhome has solar panels and was designed to be
used in europe on the stellplatz and aire networks, hence is totaly self
contained, i do not have a use for lecky, so didnt like having to pay for it
and not use it.

so i joined the c&cc as they offer basic pitches without lecky, i also use
the c&cc for the arival schem with the RAC to cover my van for breakdown and
recovery, being a 4.5 tonner it's excluded from most other breakdown
scheems, or costs a silly ammount (we already had family rac cover for our
cars and motorbikes, so adding the arrival part actually dropped our rac
fees by 20 quid!!)

yes the CC sites are to a high standard, some people like that, i personaly
dont, i like a bit of variety, you know exactly what to expect at a CC site,
the layout is the same, if you dont look over the tree's at the scenery you
could be on any of their sites and not know the differance

i've never been told where to pitch on a C&CC site yet, i am always asked if
i want to choose a pitch or just have one assigned, we usually ask for one
near the dog walk or woods, away from the kids playpark, and are told to
walk round the site and choose a pitch if we want.

and as the C&CC sites arent marked out regimentaly like the CC ones, we just
get told to park on our chosen pitch, we tow a bike trailer with motorbike,
and no probs leaving the trailer attatched and parking the bike by the side
of the van, (on the CC sites, some didnt mind, but some made me park the
trailer in their carpark, and some wanted the bike parked there too!)

But for the CL's, none of this matters, as the clubs only list them and
ensure they meet a minimum standard, so they will be varied, some lovely
some orrible (stayed on one where the owner breeds staffies, i didnt like
the constient barking, and the way they lunged at my dog when taken for a
walk, but someone else on the site adored staffies and said their barking
was music to her ears, and thought my cross collie was a dumb dog as it's
only aim in life was to herd things... hope i meet her again now i take 4
fancy rats with me camping

the CC has more CL's listed, but where they have gaps in the network, the
C&CC CL's are most likely there,
hence most people join both clubs, and never stay on any of the club sites,
they just want access to the CL's.