BBC Get it Wrong

Old April 17th 09, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default BBC Get it Wrong

Seen the clip on BBC News of someone demonstrating how not to connect an
electric car to a recharging point?

As every caravanner knows, connect the blue plug to the vehicle/caravan
FIRST, then connect to the mains socket. That way you don't have live
ends floating about.
--
hugh

Old April 17th 09, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Seen the clip on BBC News of someone demonstrating how not to connect an
electric car to a recharging point?

As every caravanner knows, connect the blue plug to the vehicle/caravan
FIRST, then connect to the mains socket. That way you don't have live ends
floating about.

I don't suppose you have a 'Red Fire Bucket' by any chance.......

Andy R

Old April 17th 09, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Andy R wrote:

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Seen the clip on BBC News of someone demonstrating how not to connect an
electric car to a recharging point?

As every caravanner knows, connect the blue plug to the vehicle/caravan
FIRST, then connect to the mains socket. That way you don't have live ends
floating about.

I don't suppose you have a 'Red Fire Bucket' by any chance.......

Would that be so wrong?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old April 17th 09, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Andy R wrote:

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Seen the clip on BBC News of someone demonstrating how not to connect an
electric car to a recharging point?

As every caravanner knows, connect the blue plug to the vehicle/caravan
FIRST, then connect to the mains socket. That way you don't have live
ends
floating about.

I don't suppose you have a 'Red Fire Bucket' by any chance.......

Would that be so wrong?

Not on its own, but the evidence would be building up.

Let's try the '5 Metre Rule' next.
Would the o/p stay anywhere that didn't rigidly implement the CCC 5 metre
rule?

Or

'The Helpful Caravanner'
Would, without invitation, the o/p impart his not inconsiderable knowledge
upon others less experienced than himself (either on site or through the
club organ)?

There are plenty more....

Andy R

Old April 17th 09, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dribbler[_2_]

Andy R wrote:

"hugh" ] wrote in message
[...]

-----------------

Well I reckon we should each have two paramedics with us when we connect
up......

Dribbler

Old April 17th 09, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

Andy R wrote:

"hugh" ] wrote in message
[...]

You're getting the idea.

Now how about the legendary 85% towing 'rule'. Obviously this wouldn't
apply to site electrician, fire bucket man, 5 metre rule man or 'helpful
caravanner man' because they are EXPERIENCED caravanners and can therefore
tow up to the maximum the regulations allow. They would, of course, know
those regulations intimately.

Andy R

Old April 17th 09, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Andy R wrote:

"hugh" ] wrote in message

[...]

You've obviously heard of this ..
http://tinyurl.com/dxh537
Old April 17th 09, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Dougal" DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk wrote in message

Andy R wrote:

"hugh" ] wrote in message

[...]

I hadn't even got round to mentioning the Daily Mail, blue rinses, fruit
bowls, mowing the grass around the awning etc etc.

This could go on for ever.

Andy R

Old April 17th 09, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

Where's the Written Risk Assessment?

Old April 17th 09, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Seen the clip on BBC News of someone demonstrating how not to connect
an electric car to a recharging point?

As every caravanner knows, connect the blue plug to the
vehicle/caravan FIRST, then connect to the mains socket. That way you
don't have live ends floating about.
--
hugh

Not only that (a) the 'land' end used a BS1363 13A mains socket under an
insecure cover - just asking to be nicked, and (b) there was at least a
good foot if not more between the car and the connection pole with a
trailing cable - just asking for a trip and consequent injury claim.

..... or was I watching News at Ten?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com