Carver water heater drain plug?

Old April 19th 09, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Default Carver water heater drain plug?

Probably a long shot, but....

Does anyone know the size of O ring needed for the Carver's drain plug
please? This is the plastic plug in the bottom left corner of the vent,
which you can unscrew with a coin.

I noticed mine was leaking last time out, due to the O ring being
missing and I had to botch a gasket out of some cardboard.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old April 20th 09, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave[_11_]

It will be much cheaper to take the plug to a plumbers merchants where
they should have a box of O rings and you can try one to see if it fits.
It should be snug but not overstretched. As mentioned previously they are
available from caravan dalers but because it has a card with Truma on it
the cost is much much dearer!

Dave

Old April 21st 09, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 20 Apr, 19:59, Dave wrote:
It will be much cheaper to take the plug to a plumbers merchants where *
they should have a box of O rings and you can try one to see if it fits. *
It should be snug but not overstretched. As mentioned previously they are *
available from caravan dalers but because it has a card with Truma on it *
the cost is much much dearer!

Had similar problem last season and bought correct o rings from a
dealer. Problem is they seem to be a little bit too big or too thin as
they tend to ruck up when screwing in and subsequently leak.A dealers
workshop advised taking the plug to BQ and buying an o ring that fits
well and a bit beefier than the truma one.Its a standard size.