Car hire for towing

Old April 24th 09, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim[_7_]

Default Car hire for towing

I have a booking for next weekend at a nice cl but unfortunately i am
likely to be unable to drive my manual car due to injury.Does anyone
know of a car hire that has automatics with towbars? (I am in
Rochester area)
Old April 24th 09, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dieseldes

"Tim" wrote in message
I have a booking for next weekend at a nice cl but unfortunately i am
likely to be unable to drive my manual car due to injury.Does anyone
know of a car hire that has automatics with towbars? (I am in
Rochester area)

Last year when my car was off for repair I was looking for a hire car that
towed. It seems as if the only people that do it are with large 4x4's I
was offered a Disco and ended up with the large Nissan Pathfinder, not
automatic though..
I suspect that the insurance comapany who were paying for it had a sharp
intake of breath, when I told them I needed a replacement car that would tow
a caravan!!

I suspect needing an automatic as well would put the cost up even further!

Des

Old April 25th 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Dieseldes
writes

"Tim" wrote in message
I have a booking for next weekend at a nice cl but unfortunately i am
likely to be unable to drive my manual car due to injury.Does anyone
know of a car hire that has automatics with towbars? (I am in
Rochester area)

Last year when my car was off for repair I was looking for a hire car that
towed. It seems as if the only people that do it are with large 4x4's I
was offered a Disco and ended up with the large Nissan Pathfinder, not
automatic though..
I suspect that the insurance comapany who were paying for it had a sharp
intake of breath, when I told them I needed a replacement car that would tow
a caravan!!

I suspect needing an automatic as well would put the cost up even further!

Des

Range Rover?
--
hugh

Old April 26th 09, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

I believe the caravan club have a list of hirers.

Old April 26th 09, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

SHB in Romsey?

http://www.shb.co.uk/index.html