Thetford Fridge Servicing

Old April 28th 09, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Thetford Fridge Servicing

Got a problem with my fridge it takes ages for the ignition indicator to get
high enough into the green to stay on when knob released.
I could book in at a caravan dealer and tow caravan in then go back and
collect.
But I'm wondering if I could get a mobile service engineer to call on me,
I'm in West Yorkshire.
Anyone know of such people?

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old April 28th 09, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"David" wrote in message
Got a problem with my fridge it takes ages for the ignition indicator to get
high enough into the green to stay on when knob released.
I could book in at a caravan dealer and tow caravan in then go back and collect.
But I'm wondering if I could get a mobile service engineer to call on me, I'm in
West Yorkshire.
Anyone know of such people?

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Don't Electrolux or whatever they're called (Dometic ?? ) have mobile service
engineers

DieSea

Old April 28th 09, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"David" wrote in message
Got a problem with my fridge it takes ages for the ignition indicator to get
high enough into the green to stay on when knob released.
I could book in at a caravan dealer and tow caravan in then go back and collect.
But I'm wondering if I could get a mobile service engineer to call on me, I'm in
West Yorkshire.
Anyone know of such people?

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Try this

http://www.dometic.com/enuk/Europe/U...ors&populate=1

Old April 28th 09, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_2_]

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Don't Electrolux or whatever they're called (Dometic ?? ) have mobile
service engineers

DieSea

Yes they do, had one out to look at my fridge a year ago. He was recommended
by my caravan dealer they even had his number handy so that might be worth a
try. Not cheap mind, it cost about 100 for an igniter and labour charge and
he was ther about 15 minutes!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old April 28th 09, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"David Klyne" wrote in message

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Don't Electrolux or whatever they're called (Dometic ?? ) have mobile
service engineers

DieSea

Yes they do, had one out to look at my fridge a year ago. He was
recommended by my caravan dealer they even had his number handy so that
might be worth a try. Not cheap mind, it cost about 100 for an igniter
and labour charge and he was ther about 15 minutes!

Was it the distance he came?
That's why I want a local one, none on the list given to me above.

As mine ignites and works but the knob needs holding in for about an hour I
feel it needs a clean of jets, flame/safety cut adjustments, so the cost
will more or less be a normal service charge.
I would do it myself if there were servicing instructions available, but it
seems a top secret code is operated on these.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old April 28th 09, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:59:06 +0100, "David"
wrote:

As mine ignites and works but the knob needs holding in for about an hour

That sounds very much like it needs a new thermocouple, very easy to
fix any competent gas fitter would do it for you.
Bill Lord

Old April 28th 09, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

As mine ignites and works but the knob needs holding in for about an hour

That sounds very much like it needs a new thermocouple, very easy to
fix any competent gas fitter would do it for you.
Bill Lord

My gas fitter friend from Bradford tells me there is a universal thermocouple
available

Takes a few mins to fit and are cheaper than some chips

My 3 way fridge had problems with ignition

A new jet was fitted and the thermocouple was moved closer to the flame

Its worked well since

DieSea

Old April 28th 09, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"David Klyne" wrote in message

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Don't Electrolux or whatever they're called (Dometic ?? ) have mobile service
engineers

DieSea

Yes they do, had one out to look at my fridge a year ago. He was recommended by
my caravan dealer they even had his number handy so that might be worth a try.
Not cheap mind, it cost about 100 for an igniter and labour charge and he was
ther about 15 minutes!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

If I remember correctly they charge for time and distance from the last job

Most caravan service places have a local CORGI (?) registered fitter known to
them

It cost me 50.00 for each gas appliance when service

Parts aren't expensive

Its the time and the CORGI certificate that's the killer

DieSea

Old April 29th 09, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
m1

"David" wrote in message
Got a problem with my fridge it takes ages for the ignition indicator to
get high enough into the green to stay on when knob released.

snip

I had this on my new 'fridge 6 months ago. A call to the Thetford techies
gave me their 'official' workaround,,,,,
Apparently the knob doesn't push in far enough so a small bit of
paper/cardboard/plastic packed between the knob and the control, not much,
just enough for a couple of millimeters extra movement as it's pushed in
does the job.
Instant fix, well it did on mine.
Check if the knob touches the front panel when pushed in. If so then maybe
this is the problem.

Old April 29th 09, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"DieSea" wrote in message

"bill lord" wrote in message

My gas fitter friend from Bradford tells me there is a universal
thermocouple available

Have sent you an e-mail for his 'phone number.
Hope Reply to Sender is valid.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.