Cassette toilet Thetford C200 CS

Old May 1st 09, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Cassette toilet Thetford C200 CS

My cassette toilet leaks from the vent button when carrying the tank
to dump site.
How do I remove button from the tank to put in new seal
Hope someone can help with this problem
Regards Ollie
Old May 3rd 09, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Manuka

You may find that a bit of paper has become lodged under the air valve. Try
flushing water through from the top with the button pushed down. Friend
fixed his that way.

Old May 9th 09, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 1 May 2009 00:28:16 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

My cassette toilet leaks from the vent button when carrying the tank
to dump site.
How do I remove button from the tank to put in new seal
Hope someone can help with this problem
Regards Ollie

The vent is removed by turning to allign the lugs on the vent with the
holes in the housing, I think you need to turn it about a quarter of a
turn anticlckwise, but when you turn it you can feel the lugs come to
the right place ( there are three of them all different sized so in
some of the places it will not come out. I replaced one a few weeks
ago and had to put my hand into the container to push the vent out. I
have had this happen several times and have never successfully
repaired one, I think the problem is the plastic rod that goes through
the vent starts to stick and will not allow a complete seal, it could
alos be a problem of the bottom of the pipe getting gunged up. The
replacements are about 15 a throw and are a standard thing that all
the dealers carry on the shelves in their shops.

Bill Lord