solar panel connecting to a 13s socket/plug

Old May 11th 09, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tick[_2_]

Default solar panel connecting to a 13s socket/plug

I have a 40watt solar panel which connects direct to a battery.
Would it be possible to connect this panel to a 13s socket,As the caravan
kas a connection to the battey and earth with this .
Would make things easy.I cannot see no reason why this would not work as
when a car connected the caravan battery gets charged with this.
BUT I am no electrician could be some technical reason why!!! .
thanls in advance
Mike

Old May 26th 09, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
howie

at the risk
"tick" wrote in message
I have a 40watt solar panel which connects direct to a battery.
Would it be possible to connect this panel to a 13s socket,As the caravan
kas a connection to the battey and earth with this .
Would make things easy.I cannot see no reason why this would not work as
when a car connected the caravan battery gets charged with this.
BUT I am no electrician could be some technical reason why!!! .
thanls in advance
Mike

forgive me if im wrong but i assume you mean to put a 13 pin plug onto your
solar panel leads and feed the caravan battery thro the caravan socket ?
if so and going by this connection i cant see why not,solar panel positive
to pin 10 and neg to pin 11(or pins 9 & 13 ?)
http://www.towbex.net/cdata/3017/docs/610740_1.pdf