ABI Brooklyn 400/2

Old May 13th 09, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Wilton

Default ABI Brooklyn 400/2

We've recently bought a 2001 ABI Brooklyn 400/2 - our first venture into
caravanning, and we're very pleased with it. There's no mention in the
handbook of what the tyre pressure (on the van) should be - is anyone able
to tell me, please?

Thanks and regards,

Mike, Margate

Old May 13th 09, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Mike Wilton
writes
We've recently bought a 2001 ABI Brooklyn 400/2 - our first venture into
caravanning, and we're very pleased with it. There's no mention in the
handbook of what the tyre pressure (on the van) should be - is anyone able
to tell me, please?

Thanks and regards,

Mike, Margate

Are you sure? That's very unusual. Tyre pressures are normally in there
somewhere.
--
hugh

Old May 13th 09, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Wilton

Thanks, Hugh, but I've been through it thoroughly. Under "Tyre Pressures",
the manual says "The caravan tyre pressures should be as recommended in the
specification details in this manual." But - no specification details
anywhere.

Mike

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , Mike Wilton
writes

Old May 13th 09, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Mike Wilton wrote:
Thanks, Hugh, but I've been through it thoroughly. Under "Tyre Pressures",
the manual says "The caravan tyre pressures should be as recommended in the
specification details in this manual." But - no specification details
anywhere.

Mike

"hugh" ] wrote in message

In message , Mike Wilton
writes

We've recently bought a 2001 ABI Brooklyn 400/2 - our first venture into
caravanning, and we're very pleased with it. There's no mention in the
handbook of what the tyre pressure (on the van) should be - is anyone able
to tell me, please?

Thanks and regards,

Mike, Margate

Are you sure? That's very unusual. Tyre pressures are normally in there
somewhere.
--
hugh

Get the tyre size off the tyre sidewall, find out the absolute maximum
load carried by the tyre (half the caravan maximum weight if two wheels)
and consult the tyre manufacturer. You're probably wasting your time
with tyre dealers - there are so few 'proper' tyre people around these days.

..... and don't be surprised if you find that a previous owner has fitted
an underrated tyre!
Old May 15th 09, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

I would have thought the manufacturer could tell you
ABI Caravans Ltd
Swinemoor Lane
Beverley
Humberside HU17 0LJ

Liz
Tel:01482 862976

Old July 20th 09, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Balcombe

I encountered exactly the same problem as Mike with my Manhattan which I
acquired recently which is probably about the same vintage as his Brooklyn.
(1999). I spent ages going through the standard ABI manual (which appears to
apply to all models to no avail). A kind soul referred me to a formula
(Which I have since lost which was based on the tyre specification and the
weight of the van) My Manhattan which has MPTLM of 1250kg and is shod with 8
ply tyres rather than the 6 ply specified runs happily on 51 psi.

Peter

Old July 21st 09, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
I would have thought the manufacturer could tell you
ABI Caravans Ltd
Swinemoor Lane
Beverley
Humberside HU17 0LJ

Liz
Tel:01482 862976

"Mike Wilton" wrote in message
We've recently bought a 2001 ABI Brooklyn 400/2 - our first venture into
caravanning, and we're very pleased with it. There's no mention in the
handbook of what the tyre pressure (on the van) should be - is anyone able to
tell me, please?

Thanks and regards,

Mike, Margate

I had a problem with tyres on my van a few years ago

The LOCAL 'van dealer tried to scrap the tyres after 4 years

As a customer of ARTS I asked their advice

They said bring the van in and we'll have a look

They striped the tyres , checked them over and gave them a clean bill of health

The tyres were on the van and all the relevant data for the tyres were available

I ASKED about the tyre pressures that should be used and noted them on the service
manual I keep

I've now sold the van and passed the "book" onto the new owner

My new van will have the tyres "sorted" by ATS

I've all ready been down there and checked on pressures and weights

I'm sure if my LOCAL van dealer gets to service it ,

AND they wont

I'll be told to replace the tyres because they're over 5 years old

Guess who does the tyre changes and balances or them

You've got it in one , ATS

I don't know why I get helpful service from them

Perhaps its because I've known the regional manager since he was a snotty yooof

And his first day at the local depot

Perhaps its because I had to sort out the tyre problems for 4 wagons , 3 vans and
all the directors cars

Even though the regional manager has retired , I still can wander in a get a FREE
cuppa

They're helpful and all you have to do is ask ( nicely )

DieSea