Aldi 21st May

Old May 15th 09, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
harry pleavin

Default Aldi 21st May

I see from their web site that they are selling a wheel clamp for 15.99p
and a hitchlock for the same price and also caravan cleaner for 2.99p.
Maybe they are getting wise to all those potential caravanning customers!

Old May 16th 09, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"harry pleavin" wrote in message
I see from their web site that they are selling a wheel clamp for 15.99p
and a hitchlock for the same price and also caravan cleaner for 2.99p.
Maybe they are getting wise to all those potential caravanning customers!
And they are doing a mini digital sat set up, for 64-99p looks good

I will get one of the wheel clamps, if I can get to a store in time that has
them.

lofty

Old May 17th 09, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_11_]

Those wheel clamps are rubbish and not worth the money.
There is no redeeming feature on them at all.
The material they are made from is too light, the locking mechanism is
rubbish - the whole thing is junk.

Old May 17th 09, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 17 May 2009 18:21:40 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

I was "given" one when I bought my van a year or so ago

In the shop it was 45.00 the hitch lock was over 100.00

My insurance states I must have a wheelclamp AND hitch lock along with an alarm

I checked very carefully to find out it there was any specification for the
wheelclamp with the insurance company and there wasn't

That I have in writing and in a safe place

I've only had ONE claim in forty years of caravanning and I don't want the
experience of another

DieSea

I thought that you had your insurance with the CC Dave, they specify
either a wheel clamp or a hitchlock or an alarm which must be fitted
within 8 hours of unhitching. It's all very civilised. In fact
whatever locks you put onto a caravan the toe rags who like borrowing
caravans ( permanently ) have little or no trouble getting around
whatever security devises that are fitted, All that hitchlocks and
wheelclamps do is to deter spur of the moment theft.
Bill Lord

Old May 17th 09, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

[...]

That's true Bill

But with a Twin axle they like things cover

They've tightened up things a bit

I've just renewed my insurance ,

Its frightening how much a new van to replace mine would be

Lets rephrase that replace the wife's van would be

SHE CHOOSE it , SHE PAID for it , so its HER VAN !!

Just back from a few weeks on the North Norfolk coast

Off up to Scotland for another three weeks or so on Wednesday

DieSea