Awnings

Old May 17th 09, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

Default Awnings

Hi.
Has anyone purchased this particular make
of awning please.

http://www.pyramid-awnings.co.uk/index.htm

Interested in the orion model.

Seem fair bit cheaper than most,so any comments
on the quality of their products.

Thanks.
Baz

--
Never take an idiot with you.
You'll always find one when you get there

Old May 17th 09, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Hi Baz,

We;ve got one of the Tuscany ones and I'd recommend it totally - poles
are easy to lock.

Neil

Old May 17th 09, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

ForeverArsenal explained :
Hi.
Has anyone purchased this particular make
of awning please.

http://www.pyramid-awnings.co.uk/index.htm

Interested in the orion model.

Seem fair bit cheaper than most,so any comments
on the quality of their products.

Thanks.
Baz

Ours is a Tuscany and it has some good design features making it a bit
quicker and easier to put up.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old May 17th 09, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dieseldes

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi.
Has anyone purchased this particular make
of awning please.

http://www.pyramid-awnings.co.uk/index.htm

Interested in the orion model.

Seem fair bit cheaper than most,so any comments
on the quality of their products.

Thanks.
Baz

we have a Tuscany, build quality is OK goes up easily, survived a gale on
it's first outing which is more than the awing rail did, but that's another
story!!, and half the price of the competitors

Des

Old May 17th 09, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi.
Has anyone purchased this particular make
of awning please.

http://www.pyramid-awnings.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks.
Baz

Hi again and many thanks to Neil,Harry and Des for
the info re the awning,appreciated.

Do have another 2 questions if you would be so kind.

1) It mentions water proof spiral zips ? are these different
from the normal awning type zips ??.

2) In the pictures of pyramid awnings they look different to
other awnings as regards the rain skirt @ bottom of awning
in so much as they don't appear to angle outwards and pegged,
are they diff ? please .
Baz

Old May 17th 09, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

After serious thinking ForeverArsenal wrote :
"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi.
Has anyone purchased this particular make
of awning please.

http://www.pyramid-awnings.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks.
Baz

Hi again and many thanks to Neil,Harry and Des for
the info re the awning,appreciated.

Do have another 2 questions if you would be so kind.

1) It mentions water proof spiral zips ? are these different
from the normal awning type zips ??.

Mine is 3/4 years old and are just a white plastic/nylon zip and the
panels are removable.

2) In the pictures of pyramid awnings they look different to
other awnings as regards the rain skirt @ bottom of awning
in so much as they don't appear to angle outwards and pegged,
are they diff ? please .
Baz

The skirt on mine has tags or hooks to enable pegging in or out on both
sides of the skirt, so you can please yourself whether you peg inside
the awning skirt out, or peg outside, skirt in. You just snap in a
ladder strip, which provides some elasticity, then bang a peg in
through the strip.

Old May 18th 09, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

Hi.
Has anyone purchased this particular make
of awning please.

http://www.pyramid-awnings.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks.
Baz

The skirt on mine has tags or hooks to enable pegging in or out on both
sides of the skirt, so you can please yourself whether you peg inside the
awning skirt out, or peg outside, skirt in. --
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Thanks for the information Harry.

Think I'm going to order up now.
Cheers.
Baz

Old May 18th 09, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
o.uk...

Hi.
Has anyone purchased this particular make
of awning please.

http://www.pyramid-awnings.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks.
Baz

The skirt on mine has tags or hooks to enable pegging in or out on both
sides of the skirt, so you can please yourself whether you peg inside the
awning skirt out, or peg outside, skirt in. --
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Thanks for the information Harry.

Think I'm going to order up now.
Cheers.
Baz

I had a Pyramid Tuscany awning, brand new and it was total crap, when it
rained in wales, it p****d in through the roof and everywhere else, had to
go to the pub to keep dry, everything in the awning got soaked. Took it
straight back to dealer, and I would never ever buy anything by Pyramid
again, it is total rubbish.
At the same time as buying the awning I bought a dinner set made of
melamine, thought it would last for years, WRONG some plates fell out the
cupboard and smashed into lots of little pieces.
Total crap

lofty

Old May 18th 09, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

lofty explained :
I had a Pyramid Tuscany awning, brand new and it was total crap, when it
rained in wales, it p****d in through the roof and everywhere else, had to go
to the pub to keep dry, everything in the awning got soaked. Took it straight
back to dealer, and I would never ever buy anything by Pyramid again, it is
total rubbish.

Are you sure it was in fact water ingress, rather than condensation?
The roof is a type of plastic, not at all porous so I would not expect
rain to find a way through it. Because it isn't porous, like similar
awnings they do have a tendency to have condensation build up on the
inside in certain conditions. Ours is prone to it when we have no
ground sheet down and there has been rain prior to us putting the
awning up.

At the same time as buying the awning I bought a dinner set made of melamine,
thought it would last for years, WRONG some plates fell out the cupboard and
smashed into lots of little pieces.
Total crap

We bought some too, no problem with ours - suggest you consider taking
yours back. Melamine is almost indestructible in normal use.

In my personal experience Pyramid are a good company to deal with. Last
year we ripped the awning roof panel and damaged a pole (just one) due
to high winds. I enquired about material and a replacement pole last
year, they said send them 15 and they would put what I needed in the
post. I promptly forgot about it under Easter of this year and enquired
if the offer still stood, it did and they delivered a large heavy box
full of various poles and lots of matching material to repair the
awning - all except the bit I needed to match the roof panel. I emailed
them back and the sent a second parcel with the correct material.

The cost of next day delivery will have been close to 15, so no
complaints about them from me.

Old May 19th 09, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
lofty explained :
[...]

When I took the awning back the salesman said it was impossible for water to
come through the roof as it was acrylic, but whatever the roof should have
been made, of the rain came through whilst we sat in it, and it was a
pyramid Tuscany.
The awning that I had in exchange is brillo, with no probs whatsoever, even
in absolute torrential storms in Spain.
also forgot to say that the dinner service we bought, that broke was "yes
made by Pyramid"
I have since purchased a dinner service from a "TODO" shop in Spain ( like
our pound shops) for 4 euro's and up to yet it has been ok for the last 5
years.
I will never buy Pyramid again, but you seem to have had better luck with
yours than I did.
Happy vanning

lofty