Overnight at Caen

Old May 17th 09, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW

Default Overnight at Caen

Anyone know if its possible to overnight in the port at Caen before getting
the 8 am ferry?
Also any thoughts on sites handy for this port.
TIA

Old May 17th 09, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Sun, 17 May 2009 19:39:26 +0100, "KAW" wrote:

Anyone know if its possible to overnight in the port at Caen before getting
the 8 am ferry?
Also any thoughts on sites handy for this port.
TIA

There are several sites near Caen.

The closest (possibly) is on the road between Ouistreham and Caen (within
Ouistreham ) which Britanny Ferries can arrange for you. There is a late
arrival / early departure area separate from the rest of the site and the
site is about 5 minutes from the port.

Last time we departed from Ouistreham early, we stayed at a farm site at
Herrmanville-sur-Mer, nice old bloke who spoke very good English and was
part of the twinning committee with an English town.

Richard
--
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk
'You're good at anger, your grace. You save it up for when you need
Old May 18th 09, 05:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Isaacs

wrote:

Anyone know if its possible to overnight in the port at Caen before getting
the 8 am ferry?
Also any thoughts on sites handy for this port.
TIA

we've doen it before at the port, and also at St Malo. There were
quite a few units who did the same.
--
"Why can't I get huge amounts of money for screwing up??"

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper
200TDi Disco "The big purple one"
200 TDi Disco, "the offroader"
1976 S3 Lightweight
Old May 18th 09, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"KAW" wrote in message
Anyone know if its possible to overnight in the port at Caen before
getting the 8 am ferry?
Also any thoughts on sites handy for this port.
TIA

We always overnight at "Camping Municipal Les Pommiers". This is off the
first big roundabout you get to about 1 kilometre from the port on the road
to Caen. They are ready to let you in and out for every ferry at any time.
Lots of old statics but a large area of clear grass where most of the Brits
stay. Lots of electric points and water taps. Showers and toilets are old
but serviceable most of the time. About 14 Euros a night.
We shall be there tomorrow evening, arriving about 10pm off the Brittany
Ferry from Portsmouth. Off to Provence, Rhone Alps and later perhaps
southern Germany. With a bit of luck find some sunshine.

Regards.
Dave.

Old May 18th 09, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW

Thanks for the replies. I expect we'll use les pommiers.
Keith

Old May 18th 09, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"KAW" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies. I expect we'll use les pommiers.
Keith

PS

On the same roundabout as the entrance to 'Les Pommieres' is a petrol
filling station and a shopping complex with a reasonably sized Champion
supermarket to satisfy most of your eating and drinking needs.

Regards.
Dave