Screw in rock pegs

Old May 17th 09, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

Default Screw in rock pegs

Hi

Any one in the group using the screw- in metal- awning pegs
that you screw in with a battery drill ?if so any good please.
Baz
--
Never take an idiot with you.
You'll always find one when you get there

Old May 17th 09, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
davekite

Yes I use the screw in pegs both for grass and hard standing and both types
work very well.
Need a fully charged drill which is powerful enough with perhaps a spare
battery

Dave

o.uk...

Old May 18th 09, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

"davekite" wrote in message
Yes I use the screw in pegs both for grass and hard standing and both
types
work very well.
Need a fully charged drill which is powerful enough with perhaps a spare
battery

Dave

Thanks for that Dave,do have the bits needed.
Thanks.
Baz

Old May 18th 09, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 17 May 2009 23:11:49 +0100, "ForeverArsenal"
wrote:

Hi

Any one in the group using the screw- in metal- awning pegs
that you screw in with a battery drill ?if so any good please.
Baz

I bought some and a dril a couple of years ago, they are brilliant
providing you can get them in, but I found on some hard standings that
I had a problem, the drill was just not up to it. I even tried using a
long masonary bit with the drill to make a hole but it was no go. So
this year I bit the bullet and bought one of these
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/73596?...lt18V&ts=45504
it is superb, now when I come across a very hard hard standing I put
the masonary bit in, use the hammer and punch a hole, then turn it
down and in goes the peg, little or no effort and when it comes to
taking the pegs out there is no heaving on something the whole job is
now effortless which is what I wanted.
Bill Lord

Old May 19th 09, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

ForeverArsenal wrote:

Hi

Any one in the group using the screw- in metal- awning pegs
that you screw in with a battery drill ?if so any good please.

Yup, "they just work" ...

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old May 19th 09, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

wrote:

Hi

Any one in the group using the screw- in metal- awning pegs
that you screw in with a battery drill ?
Baz

I bought some and a dril a couple of years ago, they are brilliant
providing you can get them in,
Bill Lord

Hi Bill and Paul.
Thanks for comments re pegs.

Think I will give them a try,do already have a 24v
drill but only 1 battery :-( hopefully it will do the job.

Approx 1 yr back Bill spoke to you on this group after
buying a Hymer 545db and you gave a few pointers to
me,must say after having over 80 days away in it in
2008 I am really pleased with it to date.

Only small gripe is the little black rings that fit in the holes
on cooker that the chrome grid where the saucepan /pots
stand on when cooking.
Tried all sorts to keep them in situ when removing grids
to clean cooker,only a small thing really so must not moan
to much.
Best wishes
Baz

Old May 19th 09, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 19 May 2009 23:02:39 +0100, "ForeverArsenal"
wrote:

Only small gripe is the little black rings that fit in the holes
on cooker that the chrome grid where the saucepan /pots
stand on when cooking.
Tried all sorts to keep them in situ when removing grids
to clean cooker,only a small thing really so must not moan
to much.

They are small black rubber grommets and if they are coming loose they
need replacing if you ring Lowdhams 01484642613 and ask for spares
they will send you a few. Once they have been replaced they stay in
place, I seem to replace one or two every year.
Bill Lord

Old May 19th 09, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Approx 1 yr back Bill spoke to you on this group after
buying a Hymer 545db and you gave a few pointers to
me,must say after having over 80 days away in it in
2008 I am really pleased with it to date

I bought mine in 2003 and so far we have spent about 420 nights in it
and like you we are really pleased, I can not say that I would buy
another though, they are just too expensive these days. I paid 12500
for mine and a new replacement like for like would now be 20500.
Bill Lord

Old May 19th 09, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

wrote:

Only small gripe is the little black rings that fit in the holes
on cooker that the chrome grid where the saucepan /pots
stand on when cooking.

They are small black rubber grommets
Bill Lord

Thanks for the info Bill will give them a ring.

The ones on my cooker seem to be ceramic or they must
have been cooked well over the yrs and gone hard.

Thanks again.
Baz

Old May 20th 09, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 19 May 2009 23:38:56 +0100, "ForeverArsenal"
wrote:

The ones on my cooker seem to be ceramic or they must
have been cooked well over the yrs and gone hard.

THose are the ones when theyare new they are rubber grommets
Bill Lord