Caravan Club Black Hole!

Old May 20th 09, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
g6zru

Default Caravan Club Black Hole!

Has anyone actually managed to get through to the Caravan Club
Membership enquiries? I have been trying for 4 days and it's always
engaged. I've also emailed but no reply there either.
I'm trying to renew my membership after getting a letter saying that
my credit card details are incomplete or the card has expired, neither
of which is correct.

Fred
Old May 20th 09, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"g6zru" wrote in message
Has anyone actually managed to get through to the Caravan Club
Membership enquiries? I have been trying for 4 days and it's always
engaged. I've also emailed but no reply there either.
I'm trying to renew my membership after getting a letter saying that
my credit card details are incomplete or the card has expired, neither
of which is correct.

Fred

Try their main office number and not their membership number

DieSea

Old May 20th 09, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gazz

"g6zru" wrote in message
Has anyone actually managed to get through to the Caravan Club
Membership enquiries? I have been trying for 4 days and it's always
engaged. I've also emailed but no reply there either.
I'm trying to renew my membership after getting a letter saying that
my credit card details are incomplete or the card has expired, neither
of which is correct.

Fred

the number your phoning wasnt on the letter was it... is it a nigerian
number ??

i imagine the clubs are just very busy at the mo, the C&CC are going mental
for this coming weekend and following week as its national camping and
caravaning week, all sites are fully booked from saturday and so on.

even the CS were on is booked up from friday night, were going home then,
and will come back out to continue touring after next week when the crowds
have gone home,

Old May 20th 09, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
g6zru

On 20 May, 14:15, "gazz"
wrote:
"g6zru" wrote in message

[...]

I did eventually get through and after many consultations going on in
the background was told it was an error. I also got a reply to my
email today (after 5 days) which said
"Following the implementation of our new computer systems some renewal
letters have gone out in error. I apologise that you have received
this letter and also that you have experienced difficulty getting
through to us on the phone."
Having just insured my caravan with them I shall stay for this year
but review my options at the next renewal.