BP Gaslight Availability

Old May 23rd 09, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default BP Gaslight Availability

I wonder if any CC or C&CC members have noticed whether any sites are
now offering an exchange service for these cylinders.

I recently e-mailed the CC with this question. Interestingly they
haven't replied in writing. They did telephone but I was out at the time
and they left a rather ambiguous message with my wife. I will be
following it up but I thought I'd just ask here first.

My local caravan dealer started to stock them but was then threatened
with cessation of supply by Calor and so has withdrawn them.
--
hugh

Old May 24th 09, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

hugh wrote:
I wonder if any CC or C&CC members have noticed whether any sites are
now offering an exchange service for these cylinders.

I recently e-mailed the CC with this question. Interestingly they
haven't replied in writing. They did telephone but I was out at the time
and they left a rather ambiguous message with my wife. I will be
following it up but I thought I'd just ask here first.

My local caravan dealer started to stock them but was then threatened
with cessation of supply by Calor and so has withdrawn them.

Which will explain why the clubs are not offering an exchange service -
Calor rules!
Old May 25th 09, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

There's a rumour that homebase is planning to sop selling BP

Old May 25th 09, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gazz

"Dougal" DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk wrote in message
. uk...
hugh wrote:
I wonder if any CC or C&CC members have noticed whether any sites are now
offering an exchange service for these cylinders.

I recently e-mailed the CC with this question. Interestingly they haven't
replied in writing. They did telephone but I was out at the time and they
left a rather ambiguous message with my wife. I will be following it up
but I thought I'd just ask here first.

My local caravan dealer started to stock them but was then threatened
with cessation of supply by Calor and so has withdrawn them.

Which will explain why the clubs are not offering an exchange service -
Calor rules!

zactly, calor hate anything that could hurt their monopoly, the re-fillable
gas bottles have really annoyed them, hence their issuing of statements
saying they are unsafe, not to be filled at forecourts and so on.

makes me glad i fitted a lpg tank to my motorhome 8 years ago and gave back
the calor bottles, costs me less to fill my 90 litre tank than it did for 2
x 13 kilo calor bottles, and i can top it up anytime.

--
Die cut vinyl stickers made to your design (within reason)
Cheap as it's a hobby not a business.

Delete the bits between the ~'s to email me

Old May 25th 09, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , TTT
writes
There's a rumour that homebase is planning to sop selling BP

Hope not - that's where I have got my first and am about to get another.
They are closer than the nearest Calor supplier who will deal with
CalorLite. My nearest Calor stockist won't carry them because of the
price they have to pay Calor.

I feel a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading coming on
--
hugh

Old May 26th 09, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_2_]

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , TTT
writes
There's a rumour that homebase is planning to sop selling BP

Hope not - that's where I have got my first and am about to get another.
They are closer than the nearest Calor supplier who will deal with
CalorLite. My nearest Calor stockist won't carry them because of the price
they have to pay Calor.

I feel a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading coming on
--
hugh

Our local BP service station sells both sizes of cylinder - presumably other
BP outlets also sell the gas?

John M

Old May 26th 09, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , John Miller
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , TTT
writes
There's a rumour that homebase is planning to sop selling BP

Hope not - that's where I have got my first and am about to get another.
They are closer than the nearest Calor supplier who will deal with
CalorLite. My nearest Calor stockist won't carry them because of the price
they have to pay Calor.

I feel a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading coming on
--
hugh

Our local BP service station sells both sizes of cylinder - presumably other
BP outlets also sell the gas?

John M

Don't have a local BP filling station. Nearest must be about 30 miles or
so round trip. I only call in there occasionally for autogas when
passing but I'll ask next time.

Locally we have Shell, Sainsburys, Morrisons (Calor) Tesco (x2) Texaco
Esso. Think that's all. All within about 3 miles radius
--
hugh

Old May 26th 09, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
broadssailor

On 26 May, 10:59, hugh ] wrote:
In message , John Miller
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , TTT
writes

Old May 26th 09, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Tue, 26 May 2009 01:27:47 +0100, "John Miller"
wrote:

"hugh" ] wrote in message

Our local BP service station sells both sizes of cylinder - presumably other
BP outlets also sell the gas?

John M

That is the main problem, most of them don't. If they did using BP
Light would be a no brainer. I had to switch back to calor because I
couldn't get refills, my local caravan dealer did a straight swap,
just paid for gas.
Old May 26th 09, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

When buying Calor shop around!
I use 6kg Propane Calor web site price 16 inc. vat. plus 5 del'y.
I asked around and was asked up to 19 collect myself at dealers.
Found and bought at cheapest price I found at a builders merchant 16 plus
5%.

I also use in the main Flogas again 6kg Propane buy on line 14.63 total
delivered.

Only reason I have a Calor cylinder out with me is just in case I use up the
main Flogas and the secondary Calor one and have to buy a Calor whilst
away..

This is because Flogas do not have suppliers in as great a numbers as Calor,
and they like Calor dealers charge what they think they can get out of you.
It is the Calor dealers than are ripping us off by not selling at 16 the
recommended price. A dealer when I refused to buy at his price told me he
paid more than the 16 to Calor, sorry I can't believe that.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.