which motor mover?

Old May 31st 09, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
a. clarke

Default which motor mover?

Hello group, i currently have a Reich move control 2 comfort fitted to my
caravan and have always been a bit unhappy about ground clearance, a friend
has just brought a Rhyno mover and seems very pleased with it (better ground
clearance than mine aswell) my mover is the one with the plastic covers on
(both are cracked dont know how to remove) could anybody point me towards a
mover they are pleased with, lots of ground clearance please. my caravan is
1500kg max

Al Clarke

Old May 31st 09, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"a. clarke" wrote in message
Hello group, i currently have a Reich move control 2 comfort fitted to my
caravan and have always been a bit unhappy about ground clearance, a
friend has just brought a Rhyno mover and seems very pleased with it
(better ground clearance than mine aswell) my mover is the one with the
plastic covers on (both are cracked dont know how to remove) could anybody
point me towards a mover they are pleased with, lots of ground clearance
please. my caravan is 1500kg max

Have they fitted it in front of the wheels, I guess they have.
Should be fitted at REAR to give safe clearance.
Warning to others, if Reich fitted in front beware of hitting a curb, or
'sleeping policeman' or any obstruction. The Mover is pushed hard onto your
tyre and then you ain't going anywhere then.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old May 31st 09, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

a. clarke wrote:

Hello group, i currently have a Reich move control 2 comfort fitted
to my caravan and have always been a bit unhappy about ground
clearance, a friend has just brought a Rhyno mover and seems very
pleased with it (better ground clearance than mine aswell) my mover
is the one with the plastic covers on (both are cracked dont know how
to remove) could anybody point me towards a mover they are pleased
with, lots of ground clearance please. my caravan is 1500kg max

Al Clarke

Sister had a Truma Powrtouch fitted to her old 'van, I removed it and
re-fitted it to their new 'van and can say it was easy to do, simple
and obvious to connect everything and from an engineering stand-point
very well-made. I did replace all the standard nuts with Nylocs though

They have some issues with the remote, but that's 'cos the dog ate it,
and though I've soldered it as best I could back together, it still has
issues ..

Ground clearance hasn't been an issue for them, even though it's fitted
in front of the wheels, and they have to go up a 3" kerb.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old June 1st 09, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_2_]

"a. clarke" wrote in message
Hello group, i currently have a Reich move control 2 comfort fitted to my
caravan and have always been a bit unhappy about ground clearance, a
friend has just brought a Rhyno mover and seems very pleased with it
(better ground clearance than mine aswell) my mover is the one with the
plastic covers on (both are cracked dont know how to remove) could anybody
point me towards a mover they are pleased with, lots of ground clearance
please. my caravan is 1500kg max

Al Clarke

I did some research before buying mine and the Mover that gets consistently
good reports for use & after-sales is the Powrtouch. However, Rhyno also
gets good write-ups and that was the one I eventually chose, mainly because
it was the lightest (29Kg as against 36Kg for Powrtouch) and it has the best
ground clearance. It was also the cheapest although Powrtouch have a
price-match policy. The guy who runs Rhyno is a bit arrogant but knows his
business and the Mover is an excellent product and easy to fit despite the
crap instructions. It took me about half a day, mainly because of the
difficulty in crawling around under the 'van, even though I'd raised it up a
bit. One roller didn't work when first installed and the same problem arose
on my friend's mover, but it was easily solved by a phone call to Rhyno.
Could have been even easier to solve if there had been a trouble-shooting
section in the instructions, but Rhyno see no need for this - they'd rather
you waste your time and theirs by phoning them. Both makes have 5 year
guarantees and the Rhyno is entirely engineered in the UK, so parts should
not be a problem. They don't however take credit cards - you have to pay
cash.

HTH

John Miller

Old June 1st 09, 06:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KHBlue

"John Miller" wrote in message

"a. clarke" wrote in message
[...]

I've just had a Truma SE fitted by Chichester Caravans in Bromsgrove to our
2004 Swift Utopia(Challenger) 490. I had toyed with having a mover fitted
for some years and as I'm a maintenance fitter I tend to scrutinise things a
lot longer than other people and I considered lots of factors before having
the Truma SE fitted. For a long time I felt that most on the market looked
like they had been 'knocked up in the garage at the bottom of someone's
garden' until the latest Truma series came along. The workshop manager I
spoke to at Chichester said although the Powertouch was good if you could
afford the extra money the Truma SE was the better option. You will probably
say he just wanted the business but I did ask him which one he had on his
caravan and he had a Powertouch fitted!
I have to say the Truma SE wasn't that much more expensive than the
Powertouch(with the automatic engagement like the Truma SE) though is
lighter than the Powertouch though the Truma SE does look the part and
certainly does job the job you expected of it.
The advantage to many people with the Powertouch is the 5 year guarantee and
the fact they may come to your house to do the repair, personally that meant
nothing to me as I could just as easy take the van out of the store to a
dealer as bring it home and I can increase the guarantee on the Truma for 5
years if I wish for only another 99.
I do enough crawling around under machinery at work and consider that people
in the workshop at Chichester know more about caravan electrical and
mechanicals than I do, so I much prefer paying them to do the job. Like wise
I wouldn't even consider doing a service on a modern car anymore, our Galaxy
Mk2 has a oil filter that cannot be reached unless the car is raised up in
the air! Enough said!

Old July 20th 09, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike[_10_]

Has anyone had any experience with the "e-go" mover supplied by Homestead
Caravans, they look to be quite strong with minimal reduction in ground
clearance; but what are they like in "real life"?

Cheers - Mike

Old July 21st 09, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"a. clarke" wrote in message
Hello group, i currently have a Reich move control 2 comfort fitted to my
caravan and have always been a bit unhappy about ground clearance, a friend has
just brought a Rhyno mover and seems very pleased with it (better ground
clearance than mine aswell) my mover is the one with the plastic covers on
(both are cracked dont know how to remove) could anybody point me towards a
mover they are pleased with, lots of ground clearance please. my caravan is
1500kg max

Al Clarke

Talking of Motor Movers

I'm in the market for one

But before I lash out a couple of grand

Where can I see a demo

Old July 21st 09, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"a. clarke" wrote in message
Hello group, i currently have a Reich move control 2 comfort fitted to my
caravan and have always been a bit unhappy about ground clearance, a friend
has just brought a Rhyno mover and seems very pleased with it (better ground
clearance than mine aswell) my mover is the one with the plastic covers on
(both are cracked dont know how to remove) could anybody point me towards a
mover they are pleased with, lots of ground clearance please. my caravan is
1500kg max

Al Clarke

Talking of Motor Movers

I'm in the market for one

But before I lash out a couple of grand

Where can I see a demo

OOOPS the send button get hit too soon

I've checked most of the dealers in Lancashire

one or two in west yorkshire

Why

I've a 8 meter twin axle van

I have to manoeuvre it down a reasonably level drive which is 60 feet long

I've got a couple of inches to spare , not much more each side and its a right
pain in the proverbial

Suggestions please

DieSea

Old July 21st 09, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"DieSea" wrote in message

Talking of Motor Movers

I'm in the market for one

But before I lash out a couple of grand

Where can I see a demo

OOOPS the send button get hit too soon

I've checked most of the dealers in Lancashire

one or two in west yorkshire

Why

I've a 8 meter twin axle van

I have to manoeuvre it down a reasonably level drive which is 60 feet long

I've got a couple of inches to spare , not much more each side and its a
right pain in the proverbial

I have a Reich on my normal caravan and it is fine, looking at the other
makes all seem same principles, so I assume in use all very similar in use.
Mine very controllable and and I feel in your inches to spare I would be ok.
But I have no experience of twin wheels.
What I would do is visit your dealers again look if they happen to have a
twin axle with a mover on and get them to show you if they less
controllable.
Next time on a site ask owners with twin wheels how they get on.
All I can say is in my case the mover best thing I bought for the caravan.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.