Tow bar wiring Sharan 06.

Old May 31st 09, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim[_7_]

Default Tow bar wiring Sharan 06.

The kit I have received from Witter gives a basic wiring socket for
lighting etc which is fine but is fitted on to the existing lighting
wiring in the rear of the car.Wouldnt this affect the bulb out warning
on the dash?
Any comments please before I install it?
Old June 1st 09, 06:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KHBlue

"Tim" wrote in message
The kit I have received from Witter gives a basic wiring socket for
lighting etc which is fine but is fitted on to the existing lighting
wiring in the rear of the car.Wouldnt this affect the bulb out warning
on the dash?
Any comments please before I install it?

Your a braver man than me, I have a Galaxy Mk2 Ghia with the similar bulb
failure light on the dash, I had the bar and electrics fitted professionally
because of this problem, the wire from the plugs on the tow bar go into some
sort of relay box next to the back of my lights which is specially made for
the job, I'd ring Witter and ask for there advice other wise you may cause
yourself all sorts of problems. Do you have parking sensors, because I had a
detachable towbar fitted to counteract the problem of the bar being in the
way when I am not towing?

Old June 1st 09, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"KHBlue" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

I am puzzled by this constant thing about tow balls affecting
reversing sensors. We have sensors and a fixed ball on our
Octavia and it causes no problem whatsoever. Maybe the
transducers have different beamwidths - wide on some, narrow on
others.

I would suggest putting a ball on a box or similar where it would
sit if fitted and seeing what happens when reverse is selected. I
suspect more will be unaffected than will be.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com