1991 Elddis - damp repairs

Old June 2nd 09, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jethro

Default 1991 Elddis - damp repairs

Hi all,

have discovered some damp which has caused the lh rear (bathroom side)
main strut to weaken, along with the rear-centre curved strut from
above the rear window to the light fitting inside.

Not afraid of hard work ... is it possible to remove the rear panel of
the van (remove rails, window and prise off) ? to get to the rear
strut ?

Is it possible to repair the centre strut from inside the van ?

I think the centre strut was attacked by condensation from inside the
roof, whilst the rear strut had some damage from 2000 (there was some
damage to that corner of the van before we bought it, which the dealer
repaired before we took the van).

Failing the DIY route, does anyone know how much to get it done by a
good repairer (ballpark figure).
Cheers
Old June 4th 09, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
howie

might find some like minded souls here
http://www.fixeditclub.com
good luck