Adria

Old June 9th 09, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected][_2_]

Default Adria

Looking at an Adria because we really like the layout and the full
size bunk beds.

Anyone have any experience of Adria in general, good or bad?

TIA
Old June 12th 09, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:53:50 -0700 (PDT),
"
wrote:

Looking at an Adria because we really like the layout and the full
size bunk beds.

Anyone have any experience of Adria in general, good or bad?

TIA

Used to have a Unica 360B, 2 berth. I forget what vintage - around
'98 I think.

Things we liked:-

The build quality
The shock absorbers on the suspension
The shower room/toilet was practical and roomy enough to shower in
comfortably.
The full awning rails on BOTH sides meant a Caravanstore could be used
round the back as covered storage for the bicycles, boat, etc.
The huge front locker able to accommodate 2 x 13kg propane bottles,
and the supplied 15ltr on-board water container OR 1 x 13kg bottle + a
30 ltr water tank + a Honda generator and the spare wheel, jack,
levelling ramps, etc.
The balance - i.e. with all this stuff up front the nose weight still
around 70kg.
Towed like a dream.

Things we didn't like:-

The U shaped seating and bed make-up arrangement was rather wasteful
of floor space.
The free-standing table, which was part of the bed base, was very
heavy, cumbersome and diificult to move outside to get out of the way.
We actually left this at home and I installed slats and runners for
the bed. For a table we used a much smaller and lighter fold-flat
design table
The lack of battery as standard. I installed a gel battery and extra
12v points and wiring for convenience.

We really only sold it to get a 'van with more room and one which we
could leave a bed made up in. The Lunar Chateau we have have now
suits us better, but is nowhere near as well made!

This just my opinion of course. I don't know if the later models are
built to the same quality, they have changed the body shape completely
since the Unica range.

HTH

Neil