sat nav

Old June 12th 09, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

Default sat nav

Hi All,
I am having problems with seeing my sat nav (Tom-Tom Go 700), when in use,
due to reflections, especially when the sun is shining.
Has anyone got any idea's how to overcome this problem? I have tried black
cloth over it and it worked to some extent but not to great.

Thanks in advance

Lofty

Old June 13th 09, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

lofty was thinking very hard :
Hi All,
I am having problems with seeing my sat nav (Tom-Tom Go 700), when in use,
due to reflections, especially when the sun is shining.
Has anyone got any idea's how to overcome this problem? I have tried black
cloth over it and it worked to some extent but not to great.

Thanks in advance

Lofty

Could you perhaps mount it lower down, where bright reflection cannot
so easily get to it?

Mine is installed down below the radio, down by where it is usually
shielded from bright reflections. It will probably need to have an
external antenna, but these are only 10 on ebay if it has a socket for
one. It has the advantages that it doesn't obstruct vision through the
windscreen, there is no sucker mark on the screen, which invites theft
and it is easily hidden by throwing something over it. I ran the
antenna cable around the door trim and dangled it over the back of the
visor.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old June 13th 09, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that, I will check it out. Is it easy to see
whilst your driving placed there.

Lofty

Old June 13th 09, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

It happens that lofty formulated :
[...]

-- Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that, I will check it out. Is it easy to see
whilst your driving placed there.

No quite so easy due to it being out of your line of sight, but made up
for to some extent by it being easier to see what is on the screen.

Old June 13th 09, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

[...]

TomTom One works fine sitting on a Discovery transmission tunnel without
any external antenna provided that you are not in one of those difficult
spots where most of the satellites are shielded by the terrain.
Old January 19th 10, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Firebucket

HI try these,i got one for when using satnav on my motorbike, it helps.
cheers
www.gps-shades.co.uk

news

Old January 20th 10, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GGJ

or you could fold a bit of card round it and save some money )

GGJ

Old January 22nd 10, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

on 19/01/2010, Firebucket supposed :

"lofty" wrote in message
news
Hi All,
I am having problems with seeing my sat nav (Tom-Tom Go 700), when in use,
due to reflections, especially when the sun is shining.
Has anyone got any idea's how to overcome this problem? I have tried black
cloth over it and it worked to some extent but not to great.

Thanks in advance

Lofty

I folded a bit of shaped cardboard around mine, which I then covered
with some black duct tape - worked fine.