Caravan not for sale!

Old June 13th 09, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
terrys

Default Caravan not for sale!

Had a knock on the door the other night and there was a young lady who
asked was I selling my caravan? (Which is parked outside my house in view
of the main road) I replied that I wasn't and she went away.. But after she
went I thought that t was a strange way of looking for a caravan purchase
knocking on random doors! Then it occurred to me that she may have had
ulterior motives. Am I getting paranoid/

Terrys

My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why he
got thrown out of the fire brigade.

Old June 13th 09, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"terrys" wrote in message

Had a knock on the door the other night and there was a young lady who asked
was I selling my caravan? (Which is parked outside my house in view of the main
road) I replied that I wasn't and she went away.. But after she went I thought
that t was a strange way of looking for a caravan purchase knocking on random
doors! Then it occurred to me that she may have had ulterior motives. Am I
getting paranoid/

Terrys

My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why he got
thrown out of the fire brigade.

Did she have a basket of pegs with her ??

A few weeks ago we were travelling along the A75 between Gretna and Dumfries

A SHINY new transit van over took us and then pulled into a lay-by

It did this three times before we pulled into where we were staying

The next time I saw it were they stationary on a garage forecourt talking to
someone with a transit tipper and a twin wheeler caravan

Of course I'm not suspicious

DieSea

Old June 14th 09, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

It could have been genuine - I know someone who bought his car that way.

More likely ... they may have taken your silence for "please take it" had
you not been in?

Old June 15th 09, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ganda

"terrys" wrote in message

Had a knock on the door the other night and there was a young lady who
asked was I selling my caravan? (Which is parked outside my house in view
of the main road) I replied that I wasn't and she went away.. But after
she went I thought that t was a strange way of looking for a caravan
purchase knocking on random doors! Then it occurred to me that she may
have had ulterior motives. Am I getting paranoid/

Terrys

My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why he
got thrown out of the fire brigade.

Don't want to alarm you, it may just be coincidence. I work for royal Mail
as a delivery driver. I frequently deliver to one particular house. He has a
twin axle in the drive, which one day was missing. I asked if he had sold it
but apparently some one had knocked on the door to see if they wanted to
sell it. Obviously he didn't, 2 weeks later it had gone.

Old June 17th 09, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
James Harris

On 13 June, 17:44, "terrys" wrote:
Had *a knock on the door the other night and there was *a young lady who
asked was *I selling my caravan? (Which is parked outside my house in view
of the main road) I replied that I wasn't and she went away.. But after she
went I thought that t was *a strange way of looking for a caravan purchase
knocking on random doors! *Then it occurred to me that she may have had
ulterior motives. Am I getting paranoid/

You might want to secure the tow ball attachment and put up security
lights and a webcam if you don't already have them.

James
Old June 17th 09, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
terrys

Thanks for that James... I have now taken my jockey wheel off that should
make it more difficult.

Terrys

Old June 17th 09, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"terrys" wrote in message
Thanks for that James... I have now taken my jockey wheel off that should
make it more difficult.

What planet are you on?

These pikeys live their lives in stolen caravans, they drive stolen vehicles
on false plates with red or stolen diesel, they make their living through
crime and pitch up illegally wherever they see fit. What on earth makes you
think that a missing jockey whell will make stealing your caravan more
difficult?

If the entire towhitch is missing they just bolt two bits of angle iron
across the A frame and tow it that way.

If the wheels are missing it just gets dragged up a low loader (they don't
care about anything other than getting it to its next pitch, when they've
finished with it it'll just be burnt)

If there are concrete posts in the way they just get pulled out with a HIAB
(unless you can attach the post to more than 10 tons of cement)

If you put a tracker on it then, when it gets to the pikey site, you've got
a big problem. You know where it is so the insurance wont pay out and plod
is too frightened to go and get it for you. In the unlikely event plod stop
it en-route you'll be advised not to press charges or for the rest of your
life your cars will be vandalised, your home regularly burgled and you
constantly threatened/beaten up.

You cannot stop this dross stealing your caravan. The government,
presumably because they contribute nothing economically to the state, have
decided to let pikeys have a free rein, but if you show the same contempt
for the law then expect to be jumped on from a great height.

Andy R

Old June 17th 09, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

On 13 June, 17:44, "terrys" wrote:
Had a knock on the door the other night and there was a young lady who
asked was I selling my caravan? (Which is parked outside my house in view
of the main road) I replied that I wasn't and she went away.. But after
she
went I thought that t was a strange way of looking for a caravan purchase
knocking on random doors! Then it occurred to me that she may have had
ulterior motives. Am I getting paranoid/

You might want to secure the tow ball attachment and put up security
lights and a webcam if you don't already have them.

So when your security lights show up half a dozen pikeys armed with metal
bars you're going to go out and question them are you?

The camera is just a joke, plod wont even look at the images and if they do
and recognise a pikey they wont take any action.

Andy R

Old June 17th 09, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Kewley[_2_]

In message , Andy R
writes

What planet are you on?

I could ask you the same?

You've got proof of all that stuff below naturally? Or did you just
pick up from the Daily Wail?

Jim

--

Jim