Solar panel cont'd

Old June 22nd 09, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

Default Solar panel cont'd

Hi all
another post relating to solar panels, I have one that charges the car
battery through the cigar lighter, but if I cut off the plug and put on two
crocodile clips, and connect to my caravan battery terminals would that work
ok, doe's it matter which wire went to which terminal?
thinking of when I might use sites with no hookup.

Thanks in advance

lofty

Old June 22nd 09, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

lofty wrote:
Hi all
another post relating to solar panels, I have one that charges the car
battery through the cigar lighter, but if I cut off the plug and put on two
crocodile clips, and connect to my caravan battery terminals would that work
ok, does it matter which wire went to which terminal?

Yes! The wire that goes to the centre pin of the plug is conventially
positive.

Old June 23rd 09, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hirem Firem

"lofty" wrote in message
Hi all
another post relating to solar panels, I have one that charges the car
battery through the cigar lighter, but if I cut off the plug and put on
two crocodile clips, and connect to my caravan battery terminals would
that work ok, doe's it matter which wire went to which terminal?
thinking of when I might use sites with no hookup.

Thanks in advance

lofty

Yes it would work, but, the ones I think you mean are a very low power.
Stan