Carbon Fibre Battery

Old June 28th 09, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KHBlue

Default Carbon Fibre Battery

Does anyone have one of these batteries in their battery box - "Elecsol 125
Carbon Fibre Leisure Battery 12 Volt 125Ah" ?

Old June 28th 09, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil Bother

Over priced
Over rated
Don't perform to what they state
Don't have any warranty claims according to Elecsol, but customers do
Don't have any customer service

Old June 28th 09, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike J

"Yep" only mine is (was) the 80 amp model 5 year warranty job.
As soon as the warranty period was up, so was the battery.
Got in touch with 'Elecsol' who said, ......... "Well 5 years IS a good time
and they refused to do anything, not even offered a discount for another.
So, my advice is, don't spend that kind of money on one, it ain't worth the
extra.
Ps.
Just thought I'd mention that the one before the Elecsol was a cheapy and it
lasted 8 years.

Regards.
Mike.

Old June 29th 09, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Mike J" wrote in message
"Yep" only mine is (was) the 80 amp model 5 year warranty job.
As soon as the warranty period was up, so was the battery.
Got in touch with 'Elecsol' who said, ......... "Well 5 years IS a good time
and they refused to do anything, not even offered a discount for another.
So, my advice is, don't spend that kind of money on one, it ain't worth the
extra.
Ps.
Just thought I'd mention that the one before the Elecsol was a cheapy and it
lasted 8 years.

Regards.
Mike.

Talking of batteries , I've just bought a new 110 amp leisure battery , it's got
a 2 year GTTE just over 50.00

A couple of days after I was in Halfords , their 110 amp leisure battery was
135.00 with a 3 year GTTE

Now the next is a charger , what charger do I need ??

DieSea

Old June 29th 09, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Mike J" wrote in message
[...]

Haggled with a local Asian parts store

Came down from just over 60.00

Cant do that with Connie ,

With her its a case of take it or leave it

DieSea

Old June 30th 09, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

"DieSea" wrote in
:

"Mike J" wrote in message
"Yep" only mine is (was) the 80 amp model 5 year warranty job.
As soon as the warranty period was up, so was the battery.
Got in touch with 'Elecsol' who said, ......... "Well 5 years IS a
good time and they refused to do anything, not even offered a
discount for another. So, my advice is, don't spend that kind of
money on one, it ain't worth the extra.
Ps.
Just thought I'd mention that the one before the Elecsol was a
cheapy and it lasted 8 years.

Regards.
Mike.

Talking of batteries , I've just bought a new 110 amp leisure battery
, it's got a 2 year GTTE just over 50.00

A couple of days after I was in Halfords , their 110 amp leisure
battery was 135.00 with a 3 year GTTE

Now the next is a charger , what charger do I need ??

DieSea

I'll have a look out for the one I use, it's like one of the Optimax
ones. Just been out to the 'van, it's a Ring RSC4.

Keeps the leisure battery topped up all winter, I just leave it on in
the 'van. It switches itself on and off when needed.

--
The above post may contain traces of irony

Old June 30th 09, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike J

Hi again KHBlue.
Just after I sent the last reply my 'CC' mag came through the door and low &
behold the first page after opening was an advert for leisure batteries.
Here's the link if it's any use.
All the best.
Mike.

http://www.tayna.co.uk/