Mary Fisher is alive and well!

Old July 5th 09, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Mary Fisher is alive and well!

Someone on the group said that my absence had been a matter of
concern. It's flattering but there's nothing about which to be be
concerned. Spouse and I are in excellent health, fit and busier than
ever. Next year we celebrate our Golden wedding anniversary - we're
both seventy (although some friends of our grandsons didn't believe
that at a party last night). Neither of us is at all frail either in
body or mind.

We're both cancer survivors - breast and prostate, you'll have to work
out which yourselves :-) but we're not ill. We still use our caravans
but in a couple of weeks or so we'll be on the high seas, sailing to
Greenland. It's not easy to tow a rig there.

When we're back we'll use the 'big' 'van at the Battle of Bosworth,
where we'll be trading. Like Paul xxx this one is mainly living
accommodation at events, our tent was sold to someone in Scotland
who'd been nagging us for it for years.

My absence from all news groups is because I lost my OE and all its
contents when my hard drive died some months ago. I have Outlook now
and can't find a way to access ngs except through Google, as now. The
trouble is that I can't killfile through Google and I can't really be
bothered reading through some of the offensive postings, my life is
too precious and (as with everyone) growing shorter by the second. I'd
rather have quality than quantity. A professional IT grandson is
coming to sort out my pc system when we're back on land AND have some
free time. No idea when that will be, i doubt that it can happen this
side of Christmas!

Not that I haven't missed some posters, especially at first. I was
very sad that I couldn't correspond easily with all the friends I've
made through ngs, several on this group and some in person. If any of
you is wondering why I haven't replied to your mails see above, it
would be great to revive our friendship.

Warmly,

Mary

Old July 5th 09, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote in message
[...]

Welcome back Mary

Now all that needs to happen is for Bill to reappear on a more regular basis ,

In stead of just stopping by occasionally

DieSea

Old July 5th 09, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 15:17:30 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

Welcome back Mary

Now all that needs to happen is for Bill to reappear on a more regular basis ,

In stead of just stopping by occasionally

DieSea

Definitely welcome back Mary, if you want a copy of Fote agent
newsreader just say and I will place one where you can download it. As
to my appearing more often I am here every day reading it, I just do
not find the bits to reply to. If I can ever be of help to anyone I
will be here unless I have pesuaded the boss to go away in the van.
Bill Lord

Old July 5th 09, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

Welcome back Mary

Now all that needs to happen is for Bill to reappear on a more regular basis ,

In stead of just stopping by occasionally

DieSea

Definitely welcome back Mary, if you want a copy of Fote agent
newsreader just say and I will place one where you can download it. As
to my appearing more often I am here every day reading it, I just do
not find the bits to reply to. If I can ever be of help to anyone I
will be here unless I have pesuaded the boss to go away in the van.
Bill Lord

Hi Bill

Talking to some one over the last couple of days who've just got back from 6 weeks
in Europe

The use a net book and 3 g type dongle to keep in touch

Drop me an Email off list and I'll take it further

DieSea

Old July 5th 09, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 16:34:15 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

Hi Bill

Talking to some one over the last couple of days who've just got back from 6 weeks
in Europe

The use a net book and 3 g type dongle to keep in touch

Drop me an Email off list and I'll take it further

DieSea

I leave the computer behind when I go away so a dongle would not be
much use though I have had occasional temptations to get a Vodaphone
dongle as I am sure I could keep the original 1gb that comes in the
price going for two or three years of use whilst away.
Bill Lord

Old July 5th 09, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 5 July, 16:00, bill lord wrote:

Definitely welcome back Mary,

Thank you too, Bill.

if you want a copy of Fote agent
newsreader just say and I will place one where you can download it.

Thanks for that too, I'll give it a go but not until probably
September, when the current excitements are over.

I should be so lucky ...

As
to my appearing more often I am here every day reading it, I just do
not find the bits to reply to. If I can ever be of help to anyone I
will be here unless I have pesuaded the boss to go away in the van.

You always were, Bill.

Mary
Old July 5th 09, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 5 July, 15:17, "DieSea"
wrote:

Welcome back Mary

Thank you :-)

But I shan't be coming here every day as I used to, it's too much
hassle to go through Google.

Mary
Old July 5th 09, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message
,
" writes
[...]

A NG is not for personal chit-chat - which is why you went in my
KIllFIle under your other address.
PLONK
--
hugh

Old July 5th 09, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message ,
" writes
[...]