Levelling Aid - feedback

Old July 12th 09, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Default Levelling Aid - feedback

Having now used it in earnest, all I will say it worked absolutely
perfectly and well worth the effort of building it.

For anyone might be interested, there is now a neatly laid out circuit
+ photographs + a description at

http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/cara.../LevelTool.htm

I have also offered the idea to a couple of commercial concerns who
might be interested in making/selling them.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old July 13th 09, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:34:18 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Having now used it in earnest, all I will say it worked absolutely
perfectly and well worth the effort of building it.

For anyone might be interested, there is now a neatly laid out circuit
+ photographs + a description at

http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/cara.../LevelTool.htm

I have also offered the idea to a couple of commercial concerns who
might be interested in making/selling them.

A very high tec way of doing the same job as this:-

http://www.about-trailers.co.uk/prod...hp?prod=CMP002
Old July 13th 09, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

wrote:

Having now used it in earnest, all I will say it worked absolutely
perfectly and well worth the effort of building it.

For anyone might be interested, there is now a neatly laid out circuit
+ photographs + a description at

http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/cara.../LevelTool.htm

I have also offered the idea to a couple of commercial concerns who
might be interested in making/selling them.

A very high tec way of doing the same job as this:-

http://www.about-trailers.co.uk/prod...hp?prod=CMP002

That's just what I thought but it is obvious Harry, like a lot of old boys,
loves making things like that and he has obviously got a lot of pleasure out
of it. I wish I had his skills. About twenty years ago I bought a spirit
level about eight inches long with a large bubble. It is stuck on the front
of my van so I can see the bubble through the back window of the car and it
makes levelling very simple.

Regards.
Dave

Old July 13th 09, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

wrote:

Having now used it in earnest, all I will say it worked absolutely
perfectly and well worth the effort of building it.

For anyone might be interested, there is now a neatly laid out
circuit + photographs + a description at

http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/cara.../LevelTool.htm

I have also offered the idea to a couple of commercial concerns who
might be interested in making/selling them.

A very high tec way of doing the same job as this:-

http://www.about-trailers.co.uk/prod...hp?prod=CMP002

.. . . except I don't think it *does* do quite the same job - 'cos it doesn't
tell you how big an angular error you've got. The 2-way spirit level has got
to be better - and a whole lot simpler and cheaper.

Hovever, if Harry's device is produced commercially, I'm sure there are
gadget-hungry people who will buy it, regardless of its functionality.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old July 13th 09, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Roger Mills formulated on Monday :
. . . except I don't think it *does* do quite the same job - 'cos it doesn't
tell you how big an angular error you've got. The 2-way spirit level has got
to be better - and a whole lot simpler and cheaper.

To my own surprise it does....

As it bounces between the two opposite contacts, the two LED's flash
alternately. They do not flash for even periods, the one with the long
on period is the high side. As you approach level they become more
equal. Once equal you have it level.

Hovever, if Harry's device is produced commercially, I'm sure there are
gadget-hungry people who will buy it, regardless of its functionality.

Had I been able to find something like it, I would have bought one.

Old July 13th 09, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

on 13/07/2009, artleknock supposed :
A very high tec way of doing the same job as this:-

http://www.about-trailers.co.uk/prod...hp?prod=CMP002

Nothing at all high tech about it, just a very, very simple idea -
which no one else has (so far as I know) thought to try. It would work
equally well with ordinary 12v bulbs, but perhaps not so easily visible
in sun light.