Reich Mover settings

Old July 20th 09, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Furry Fred[_4_]

Default Reich Mover settings

I have a Reich Mover 2 on my caravan and am performing my service, but
I do not know the setting for thedistance between the mover rollers
and the tyre. (The fitter who put in didn't pass it on!)

I seem to r4member that it was a piece of square section tube - bit
the size ..... ??

Can anyone help me with this either by letteing me know the size or
suggesting a place wheere I can get hold on the same.

Thanks in anticipation

--

Furry Fred
Old July 20th 09, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
String bag

"Furry Fred" wrote in message
I have a Reich Mover 2 on my caravan and am performing my service, but
I do not know the setting for thedistance between the mover rollers
and the tyre. (The fitter who put in didn't pass it on!)

I seem to r4member that it was a piece of square section tube - bit
the size ..... ??

Can anyone help me with this either by letteing me know the size or
suggesting a place wheere I can get hold on the same.

Thanks in anticipation

--

Furry Fred

Its about the thickness of the end of your middle finger down to the first
joint

Old July 20th 09, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"String bag" wrote in message
news

"Furry Fred" wrote in message
I have a Reich Mover 2 on my caravan and am performing my service, but
I do not know the setting for thedistance between the mover rollers
and the tyre. (The fitter who put in didn't pass it on!)

I seem to r4member that it was a piece of square section tube - bit
the size ..... ??

Can anyone help me with this either by letteing me know the size or
suggesting a place wheere I can get hold on the same.

Thanks in anticipation

--

Furry Fred

Its about the thickness of the end of your middle finger down to the first
joint

Mine must be about that.
Would not have thought it mattered to be accurate. Think what will be
important will be that both sides the same..

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old July 21st 09, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Idlesod

"Furry Fred" wrote in message
I have a Reich Mover 2 on my caravan and am performing my service, but
I do not know the setting for thedistance between the mover rollers
and the tyre. (The fitter who put in didn't pass it on!)

I seem to r4member that it was a piece of square section tube - bit
the size ..... ??

Can anyone help me with this either by letteing me know the size or
suggesting a place wheere I can get hold on the same.

Thanks in anticipation

--

Furry Fred

I've got a Reich - the gap is 15mm (not all that important though unless
it's very excessive)

Tip - you will probably find, at some point, that your Reich begins to
squeal when you use it. When this happened to me I was told that there was
a possibility that a cotter pin (used to locate the drive shaft in the
gearbox housing) might have moved sideways and might be catching against the
drive shaft tube when rotating (the usual position of the pin is protruding
out of each side of the shaft by a couple of centimeters, thus providing a
'key' to engage in the gearbox drive socket)

When I took mine to bits (an easy job, just 2 x 15mm nuts to release the
shaft from the gearbox) the pin was still firmly in-situ, but the shaft was
squealing badly. Finally traced it to a dry bush at the wheel end of the
shaft ((where the end of the shaft is supported)

Reich suggested WD 40 or silicone spray - neither of which worked, but a
good dollop of grease rendered it silent again (been fine for month now -
but keep the grease off the tyre, of course)