Whale watermaster pump

Old July 20th 09, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Balcombe

Default Whale watermaster pump

Is it just me or is there some special technique? Since changing vans from
one that had a Carver plug in submersible to one with a Whale Watermaster I
find I struggle every time to plug the thing in. What was oreviously a
simple task is now one requiring what appears to me to be an excessive
amount of force. Comments please anyone.

Peter

Old July 20th 09, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Peter Balcombe" wrote in message
Is it just me or is there some special technique? Since changing vans from
one that had a Carver plug in submersible to one with a Whale Watermaster
I find I struggle every time to plug the thing in. What was oreviously a
simple task is now one requiring what appears to me to be an excessive
amount of force. Comments please anyone.

Well I changed the 'o' rings on the input pipe as they are supposed to be
renewed each year, I used a standard '0' ring of the correct internal
diameter, then I found it very hard to connect the pump connection.
I then found out the 'o' rings are a special x-sectional area, smaller, and
can only be purchased at caravan dealers.
Fitting these solved my problem.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old July 23rd 09, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"David" wrote in message

"Peter Balcombe" wrote in message
Is it just me or is there some special technique? Since changing vans
from one that had a Carver plug in submersible to one with a Whale
Watermaster I find I struggle every time to plug the thing in. What was
oreviously a simple task is now one requiring what appears to me to be an
excessive amount of force. Comments please anyone.

Well I changed the 'o' rings on the input pipe as they are supposed to be
renewed each year, I used a standard '0' ring of the correct internal
diameter, then I found it very hard to connect the pump connection.
I then found out the 'o' rings are a special x-sectional area, smaller,
and can only be purchased at caravan dealers.
Fitting these solved my problem.

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

A bit of silicon plumbers grease helps to, those rubber rings are a pain, I
now use PTFT tape instead, much cheaper than the rubber rings. just wrap it
around the inlet pipe and put the pump on

Lofty

Old July 23rd 09, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Balcombe

Thanks David. I will try obtaining the correct rings from a Caravan shop. As
the van is relatively new to me I have no idea of the source of the present
rings.

Peter