Thetford Porta Potty

Old July 31st 09, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

Default Thetford Porta Potty

Hello,

Anyone have any recommendations for cleaning, and I mean *really*
cleaning the above? After using it for a couple of seasons, I think that
maybe it should get more than its usual diet of Therford products, or am I
wrong?

Cheers !

--
The above post may contain traces of irony
Old July 31st 09, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:57:19 -0500, Tunku wrote:

Hello,

Anyone have any recommendations for cleaning, and I mean *really*
cleaning the above? After using it for a couple of seasons, I think that
maybe it should get more than its usual diet of Therford products, or am I
wrong?

Cheers !

I have never found the need to do anything other than put blue in the
tank and then rinse thoroughly when I empty it, when I leave a site I
also rinse the outside of the casstte with water and just dry it off,
mine is now nearly 7 years old and is clean and none smelly and I do
not see the need to do any more at it. The bowl inside the van gets
washed down with whatever I clean the bathroom with when I clean it at
home and is wiped down thoroughly every time we use the shower, that
seems to be enough to keep everything spotless.
Bill Lord

Old July 31st 09, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

bill lord wrote in
:

I have never found the need to do anything other than put blue in the
tank and then rinse thoroughly when I empty it,

Now, that is exactly the type of answer I was hoping for. Many thanks for
letting me off the hook.

--
The above post may contain traces of irony
Old July 31st 09, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield[_2_]

Tunku laid this down on his screen :
Hello,

Anyone have any recommendations for cleaning, and I mean *really*
cleaning the above? After using it for a couple of seasons, I think that
maybe it should get more than its usual diet of Therford products, or am I
wrong?

Cheers !

All we do is use the blue and the pink, combined with giving it a good
flush out with the hose when it is emptied. Before leaving we put blue
in the tank and a drop of water, plus a dollop of olive oil is poured
onto the shutter blade, to keep that seal working easily - that is all,
nothing more.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk