Is everyone away

Old August 6th 09, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Default Is everyone away

It's August so guess everyone is away on holiday as I have not seen any new
posts for days now.

--

Jim

Old August 6th 09, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pedro[_2_]

"Jim" wrote in message
It's August so guess everyone is away on holiday as I have not seen any
new posts for days now.

--

Jim

No. But I'm about to!

The weather forecast is not bad for Wales so thought that we'd go and find
some of the elusive sun. Not easy to get in this weekend as every town,
village & hamlet appears to be having its summer festival. However, found a
place where solitude rules OK!

Pedro

Old August 6th 09, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

"Jim" wrote in :

It's August so guess everyone is away on holiday as I have not seen
any new posts for days now.

I'm just back, but I'm away again from tomorrow. Hurrah !!!

--
The above post may contain traces of irony
Old August 16th 09, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:18:58 +0100, "Jim" wrote:

It's August so guess everyone is away on holiday as I have not seen any new
posts for days now.

Got back yesterday after a fortnight away, very pleasant, good weather
and a nice Cl near New Quay on Cardigan Bay

Bill Lord

Old August 16th 09, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"bill lord" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:18:58 +0100, "Jim" wrote:

It's August so guess everyone is away on holiday as I have not seen any new
posts for days now.

Got back yesterday after a fortnight away, very pleasant, good weather
and a nice Cl near New Quay on Cardigan Bay

Bill Lord

Lucky you Bill !!

Now that the Grand daughter has arrived SHMBO has decided not to move

Think its time to tell her it pointless having Disco and 'Van

Last year we had 16 weeks away

This year it'll be lucky if we have 16 days away

DieSea

Old August 16th 09, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:31:36 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

"bill lord" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:18:58 +0100, "Jim" wrote:

It's August so guess everyone is away on holiday as I have not seen any new
posts for days now.

Got back yesterday after a fortnight away, very pleasant, good weather
and a nice Cl near New Quay on Cardigan Bay

Bill Lord

Lucky you Bill !!

Now that the Grand daughter has arrived SHMBO has decided not to move

Think its time to tell her it pointless having Disco and 'Van

Last year we had 16 weeks away

This year it'll be lucky if we have 16 days away

DieSea

Our Grand daughter is 21 months old and so far our wings have not been
clipped we have kept up our steady 70 nights a year away but that
stops in 3 weeks when she starts to arrive every friday at 7.30 AM (
middle of the bloomin night ). So from now onwards it is school
holidays only ( both parents are teachers ) so we shall be joining the
book eary for the best selection brgade, indeed I have already booked
next Junes holiday and got the last pitch on the CL we want to go to.
Bill Lord

Old August 17th 09, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"Jim" wrote in message
It's August so guess everyone is away on holiday as I have not seen any
new posts for days now.

--

Jim

Since I got the old age pension we have stayed home for July and August. In
May we went as far south in France as Avignon and then up to Annecy for a
bit of cycling around the lake. I am not a world traveller and my holidays
have always been where my car or cycle could take me but I thought Annecy
was the nicest town I have ever seen. I don't know how it compares to some
of the famous tourist cities but this was a delight. It was easy to get to
know with a couple of days walking, clean, no dog crap (which is rare in
France), lovely parks beside the lake and with the Alps in the background.
The campsite was excellent and just a 6 or 7 kilometre bike ride along a
tarmac cycle path to the town centre. The site was right on the lake with
its own pontoon and slipway and would make a great place for a canoe or
dinghy enthusiast to have a holiday. I can give more details if anybody
wants them.
We shall be off again in a couple of weeks but I think this time just the
Vendée and then down to Bordeaux to watch the grape harvest :-)

Regards.
Dave.

Old August 17th 09, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"bill lord" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:31:36 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

"bill lord" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

We had 5 days away at Park Coppice recently

NEVER Again , Certainly not during school Holidays

I don't mind Barbie's and songs round the Camp fire !!

But ferile Kids and yapping dogs incessantly from dawn to beyond Dusk is Too much
for me

DieSea

Old August 17th 09, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Dave D" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message ...
[...]

Watching that's sacrilege Dave

Helping them test it is a different matter !!

DieSea

Old August 17th 09, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:44:00 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

But ferile Kids and yapping dogs incessantly from dawn to beyond Dusk is Too much
for me

You are definitely getting old, enjoy your grandaughter (:-)
Bill Lord