adult caravan sites (no kids)

Old August 7th 09, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
john scott

Default adult caravan sites (no kids)

Can someone recommend a quiet site either in the west or east of the UK
Thanks

Old August 7th 09, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

"john scott" wrote in message
Can someone recommend a quiet site either in the west or east of the UK
Thanks

Hi John
Are you after main sites or cl ?.

East is very large :-) I know of a cl nr Watton.Norfolk.

Lovely site BUT can hear traffic,but very little if on pitch 5.

Approx 40mtr between vans.

Football pitch level,4 acres,next to wood for walks,
dogs allowed,no children.

Baz.

Old August 8th 09, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
o.uk...

"john scott" wrote in message
Can someone recommend a quiet site either in the west or east of the UK Thanks

Hi John
Are you after main sites or cl ?.

East is very large :-) I know of a cl nr Watton.Norfolk.

Lovely site BUT can hear traffic,but very little if on pitch 5.

Approx 40mtr between vans.

Football pitch level,4 acres,next to wood for walks,
dogs allowed,no children.

Baz.

Not long back from a week or two away

Suffered 4 to 10 year olds racing round a Caravan Club site until the late hours
of an evening on their cycles

Next time I HAVE to do this trip I'll look for a CL that does adults only

Yes they are listed as I found out after

In Lancashire there are about a dozen on the CL site directory of the Caravan Club
ON LINE

DieSea

Old August 8th 09, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"DieSea" wrote in
message ...

"john scott" wrote in message
[...]

Couldn't agree more. We had the same at Cherry Hinton a couple of
weeks ago - playing football.

Until that was their ball go stuck under our van - and it stayed
there, they didn't dare come an ask for it back. Mind you, it was
gone when we got back the following day!

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old August 8th 09, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"john scott" wrote in message
[...]

I'm don't think I'll bother staying at that site again

Certainly not in school holidays

Perhaps on LARGE CC sites they should have areas for OLD Fuddy Duddies like me

It seems to me that the "Camp Commandants" like to be SEEN to enforce the policies
of the club in the OFFICE

BUT

When it comes to the CRUNCH , on site , they don't want to take the hassle and
back off

*THEM* next door parked their 4X4 so close I couldn't get my aquaroll between
their car and my van

Unless the wardens were blind they must have seen it as I was opposite the
disposal point

Perhaps the **Nelson Touch** saved them some hassle

DieSea

Old August 8th 09, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dutchman

The English school summer holiday is far too long, In Holland its said that
summer is for adults to enjoy, when the kids grow up they will enjoy also
D.......

Old August 9th 09, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
broadssailor

On 8 Aug, 23:25, "DieSea"
wrote:

*THEM* next door parked their 4X4

No more need be said.......
Old August 9th 09, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ForeverArsenal

"john scott" wrote in message

Next time I HAVE to do this trip I'll look for a CL that does adults only

Yes they are listed as I found out after

In Lancashire there are about a dozen on the CL site directory of the
Caravan Club ON LINE

DieSea

Refuse to use CC main sites at all,far to expensive no matter what they have
on site.

Lining up 6mtr apart like a army camp,no thanks not for me.
Child free CL's only.

Tend to think that many privately owned sites (on par with CC main sites)
are
turning away from caraverners with children,only have to look in the back of
the
CC mag to see all the ads that state no children,out numbers sites that
don't
exclude children by about 5 to 1.

Me,I'm starting a campaign to keep the little B's out of super markets,pain
in the arse.
Baz

Old August 9th 09, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , john scott
writes
Can someone recommend a quiet site either in the west or east of the UK
Thanks

Fernwood near Ellesmere in Shropshire has an area set aside for adults
only. It's quite a quiet site anyway.
--
hugh

Old August 11th 09, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
g6zru

Have a look at www.tranquiltouringparks.co.uk
They are adults only sites in various locations. We have stayed a 3
different ones and are going to another in October. Facilities on all
their sites are a very high standard.

Fred