Motorway service area night stops.

Old August 13th 09, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob[_3_]

Default Motorway service area night stops.

Hi folks, I am new to this group I have a Freedom Micro lite.
I am intending a trip from North Devon to Invergordon. I intend to make
night stops. Has any one stopped on a motorway service area, I under stand
you use the lorry park. Any info would be helpful.
Bob

Old August 13th 09, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"Bob" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi folks, I am new to this group I have a Freedom Micro lite.
I am intending a trip from North Devon to Invergordon. I
intend to make night stops. Has any one stopped on a motorway
service area, I under stand you use the lorry park. Any info
would be helpful.
Bob

Most motorway service areas have a 2 hours parking limit. If you
stay over that you have to pay - big time.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old August 13th 09, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David P

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:15:58 +0100, Bob wrote:

Hi folks, I am new to this group I have a Freedom Micro lite.
I am intending a trip from North Devon to Invergordon. I intend to make
night stops. Has any one stopped on a motorway service area, I under stand
you use the lorry park. Any info would be helpful.
Bob

MSA are really for emergency use IMO. It'll be worth your while checking
out any camp sites just off the motorway and stopping there. They will no
doubt be cheaper as well as being much quieter.

Old August 13th 09, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Bob
writes
Hi folks, I am new to this group I have a Freedom Micro lite.
I am intending a trip from North Devon to Invergordon. I intend to
make night stops. Has any one stopped on a motorway service area, I
under stand you use the lorry park. Any info would be helpful.
Bob

Best to ask - it can vary, sometimes the coach park and they will smack
a huge charge on you if you're in the wrong place.
--
hugh

Old August 13th 09, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob[_3_]

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , Bob
writes
Hi folks, I am new to this group I have a Freedom Micro lite.
I am intending a trip from North Devon to Invergordon. I intend to make
night stops. Has any one stopped on a motorway service area, I under
stand you use the lorry park. Any info would be helpful.
Bob

Best to ask - it can vary, sometimes the coach park and they will smack a
huge charge on you if you're in the wrong place.
--
hugh

Thx for the replies, looks like camp sites will be my best bet.
Cheers. Bob

Old August 13th 09, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Bob
writes
"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , Bob
writes
Hi folks, I am new to this group I have a Freedom Micro lite.
I am intending a trip from North Devon to Invergordon. I intend to
make night stops. Has any one stopped on a motorway service area, I
under stand you use the lorry park. Any info would be helpful.
Bob

Best to ask - it can vary, sometimes the coach park and they will
smack a huge charge on you if you're in the wrong place.
-- hugh

Thx for the replies, looks like camp sites will be my best bet.
Cheers. Bob

Only advantage I can think of for MSS is that they are open all night so
you don't have to worry about what time you decide to pull in, and you
don't need to pre-book. But bear in mind it is illegal to use any
appliance with a naked gas flame.
--
hugh