Caravan dealer in cornwall

Old August 14th 09, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Darren Bull

Default Caravan dealer in cornwall

Hello to all, I am a new caravan dealer in east Cornwall, near Liskeard.
I also used to run caravan faultinnder.co.uk
So if your on holiday in the area and have a problem, give me a shout.
We have new Swift caravans, pre owned caravans an accessory shop and a
workshop.
Regards
Darren

Old August 14th 09, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane[_2_]

"Darren Bull" wrote in
:

Hello to all, I am a new caravan dealer in east Cornwall, near Liskeard.
I also used to run caravan faultinnder.co.uk
So if your on holiday in the area and have a problem, give me a shout.
We have new Swift caravans, pre owned caravans an accessory shop and a
workshop.

Can I ask where near Liskeard? I've checked out your website (Atlantic
Caravans). However, you don't give a full address and your Google Maps link
doesn't work for me. I live in the area and I could do with another local
dealer to replace Plymouth Caravans so that I don't have to go all the way
to London Apprentice for bits and bobs!

Just a quick observation, but I suspect you're not going to get many
customers from your website unless you give more prominence to how people
can find you...

HTH,

Geoff
Old August 14th 09, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
magister

Geoff Lane wrote:
"Darren Bull" wrote in
:

[...]

I am not sure that what you state is entirely true. Most people would
try the "About Us" and How to find us links, or use the postcode in a
gps or StreetMap, as I did. After all most 'vanners have to find sites
in areas they are not familiar with.

Here's how to find us,

We are located just off the A38 at Doublebois in the East Taphouse
Industrial Estate, approximately 3 miles after Liskeard, heading towards
Bodmin.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x...earchp=ids.srf
or
http://tinyurl.com/lqn7h5
Old August 15th 09, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane[_2_]

magister wrote in -
september.org:

I am not sure that what you state is entirely true. Most people would
try the "About Us" and How to find us links, or use the postcode in a
gps or StreetMap, as I did. After all most 'vanners have to find sites
in areas they are not familiar with.

Here's how to find us,

We are located just off the A38 at Doublebois in the East Taphouse
Industrial Estate, approximately 3 miles after Liskeard, heading
towards Bodmin.

FWIW, I live in the area and pass through Doublebois at least once a
fortnight. Almost all of Doublebois is an industrial estate and there was
the possiblity that they were actually located in East Taphouse - a
couple of miles down the road. Not exactly "needle in a haystack", but
I'm loathe to drive up every road in a five or six square mile or so area
looking for a new business and I posted partly to let Darren know that
his website wasn't working for him as well as he probably would like.

The industrial estate (which I didn't know was called "East Taphouse
Industrial Estate") is split in two with caravan storage on the western
side of the road down the middle. I'd assumed that's probably where
they'd be but I didn't see them the last time I drove up that road. Also,
I didn't spot the address in the footer of the "About Us" page. It
rendered a slightly darker grey on a slightly lighter grey in my browser
- and in any case contact information should be prominent (particularly
if you want customers to physically visit your premises). The "How to
find us" link to Google maps came up with half of cornwall (approx from
Looe to Bodmin) with no marker to locate the place. Manually plugging the
postcode into Google maps brought up a pointer which suggests they're
actually on the opposite side of the estate to the caravan storage yard.

FWIW, I'm a dab hand at finding sites provided I'm given the appropriate
information. However, I've encountered campsites that are nowhere near
the place the postcode suggests and I didn't see the required information
on Darren's website.

Geoff
Old August 16th 09, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Darren Bull

Ah, should be fixed now, yep just checked, have another go, need to know if
you can find me using the site.
Regards
Darren
"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
09.145...
"Darren Bull" wrote in
:

Old August 16th 09, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Darren Bull

You are quit right Geoff, I need to get a pointer on that map, the post code
is misleading. I will look into it.
Regards
Darren
We are opposite Richards the builders centre
"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
09.145...
magister wrote in -
september.org:

Old August 16th 09, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane[_2_]

"Darren Bull" wrote in
:

You are quit right Geoff, I need to get a pointer on that map, the
post code is misleading. I will look into it.

You're welcome. FWIW, I drove through Doublebois on my way back from the
weekend's campsite. However, that was just after 5:00 pm, so I guess you'd
have been closed. I'll have to take a look-see the next time I visit Trago.

I've checked your website, but I can't spot any differences. If my ISP has
chached your site, that would be hardly surprising. However, perhaps I can
help further with the Google maps link. http://snurl.com/q7ivw should take
you to a Google maps page with a pointer over where Google thinks your
postcode is.

HTH,

Geoff