microwave oven

Old August 24th 09, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pete

Default microwave oven

I`m having a bit of trouble with the microwave oven in my 2006 Abbey
spectrum 540. Every time we take the van out the bloody thing moves
around . It is`nt fixed. It sits in a roller doored cupboard above the
fridge freezer. I`ve tried putting a block of timber above it to try
and wedge it in place but to no avail. Any ideas. Pete
Old August 25th 09, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"pete" wrote in message
I`m having a bit of trouble with the microwave oven in my 2006 Abbey
spectrum 540. Every time we take the van out the bloody thing moves
around . It is`nt fixed. It sits in a roller doored cupboard above the
fridge freezer. I`ve tried putting a block of timber above it to try
and wedge it in place but to no avail. Any ideas. Pete

On some markets they sell thick pieces of sponge/foam you could try that and
pad the microwave on all sides if possible.

lofty

Old August 25th 09, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pete

On Aug 25, 12:34*pm, "Lofty" wrote:
"pete" wrote in message

I`m having a bit of trouble with the microwave oven in my 2006 Abbey
spectrum 540. Every time we take the van out the bloody thing moves
around . It is`nt fixed. It sits in a roller doored cupboard above the
fridge freezer. I`ve tried putting a block of timber above it to try
and wedge it in place but to no avail. Any ideas. *Pete

On some markets they sell thick pieces of sponge/foam you could try that and
pad the microwave on all sides if possible.

lofty

Thanks for that Lofty, I presume that the foam is just for travelling,
as I think it needs the air to circulate around it when in use. Many
thanks Pete
Old August 25th 09, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:34:17 +0100, "Lofty"
wrote:

"pete" wrote in message
I`m having a bit of trouble with the microwave oven in my 2006 Abbey
spectrum 540. Every time we take the van out the bloody thing moves
around . It is`nt fixed. It sits in a roller doored cupboard above the
fridge freezer. I`ve tried putting a block of timber above it to try
and wedge it in place but to no avail. Any ideas. Pete

On some markets they sell thick pieces of sponge/foam you could try that and
pad the microwave on all sides if possible.

lofty

There is a matting that you can buy on the roll that grips most
staisfactorly, thats how we stopped ours moving and indeed we use some
on the wifes steam station (iron) as it has no feet and will happily
skid accross the work top at the litest hint of movement.
A point to note with this stuff, i consider it danderious on any
surface where you may walk, as it is so "grippy" that if yopu walk on
it your foot stops dead and you tend to trip.
We experimented with it on a step and we tended to fall into the van
as our foot would not move wonce on it...
( I found that we we put a foot down we do not expect it to be locked
in place rather to be able to swivel etc.)

John
Old August 25th 09, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message
, pete
writes
I`m having a bit of trouble with the microwave oven in my 2006 Abbey
spectrum 540. Every time we take the van out the bloody thing moves
around . It is`nt fixed. It sits in a roller doored cupboard above the
fridge freezer. I`ve tried putting a block of timber above it to try
and wedge it in place but to no avail. Any ideas. Pete

Could you put the piece of wood in front of it, screwed to the floor of
the cupboard?
--
hugh