Rhino mover or Powrtouch mover

Old August 28th 09, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default Rhino mover or Powrtouch mover

I am thinking of having a mover fitted and with a caravan that weighs
in at 1450kg it needs something of the ability as the powrtouch 3 or
the Rhino charger, both come at the same price as Powrtouch will match
the prices. The powrtouch product I can find lots of support for but
the Rhino mover rarely gets a mention, I just wondered if anyone
reading this has one and what do they think about it?

Bill Lord

Old August 28th 09, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"bill lord" wrote in message
I am thinking of having a mover fitted and with a caravan that weighs
in at 1450kg it needs something of the ability as the powrtouch 3 or
the Rhino charger, both come at the same price as Powrtouch will match
the prices. The powrtouch product I can find lots of support for but
the Rhino mover rarely gets a mention, I just wondered if anyone
reading this has one and what do they think about it?

Bill Lord

Hi Bill

I've been thinking about a mover for a few months

I've eventually settled on a power touch for my TA

I've not tried to "KNOCK" them down a bit but as I'm going to take the "Mountain"
to mohammed its got to save them travelling and carriage costs

The thing I like hearing about them is their 5 year Guarantee and their support
reputation

The hassle of doing a self fit doesn't seem worth while ,

For the time , effort and savings I'd sooner pay the 100 or so odd quid an get it
fitted by them

Its a fortnight for the kit to arrive , then allow about a week for their fitter
to arrive

There's a Helpful LADY in the office as well

Its also a good excuse to have a week or so down in Dorset and get away from the
damp near Rochdale !!

DieSea

Old August 28th 09, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:47:55 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

"bill lord" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Riversway Leisure will supply and fit a Powrtouch 3 for 895 and
include a powerjack and other bits, but they also supply an Enduro
mover for 599 and I would either have to fit it or arrange for a
fitter. So Knowing of the Powrtouch policy of price matching I rang
them, so they added on the price of the extra guarantee and a fitting
charge and came to 795, but then when I told them it was a 1450kg van
they said they would want to supply the heavier duty model which they
would not price match against the Enduro as they were not like with
like. But as a parting shot she said we do price match with the Rhino
Charger on the heavy duty model. So I contacted Rhino and the Charger
would be 775 fitted which powrtouch will match. I have no intention
of doing the fitting I gave that game up years ago I was just
interested in what people think of the Rhino which comes with a
lifetime warranty.

Bill Lord

Old August 28th 09, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"bill lord" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:47:55 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

"bill lord" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks Bill

Think its time for me to have a look at the Rhino

The WOTS it in the WOOD PILE my van is a TA at 1500 KG

Oppps not sure if that PC ??!!

DieSea

Old August 31st 09, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
a. clarke

wrote:

"bill lord" wrote in message
[...]

I have a rhino fitted to my van,and am having a problem with driving van up
a normal drop kerb, no previous problems with my riech mover I am going to
phone manufacturer in morning to see what is said

My van is a coachman amahra 520/4. mtplm1495kg.

Al Clarke

Old August 31st 09, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:12:56 +0100, "a. clarke"
wrote:

I have a rhino fitted to my van,and am having a problem with driving van up
a normal drop kerb, no previous problems with my riech mover I am going to
phone manufacturer in morning to see what is said

My van is a coachman amahra 520/4. mtplm1495kg.

I would be very interested in what they have to say, I had intended to
order one tomorrow but I will wait to see what reaction you get.
Bill Lord

Old August 31st 09, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

I have a rhino fitted to my van,and am having a problem with driving van up
a normal drop kerb, no previous problems with my riech mover I am going to
phone manufacturer in morning to see what is said

My van is a coachman amahra 520/4. mtplm1495kg.

I would be very interested in what they have to say, I had intended to
order one tomorrow but I will wait to see what reaction you get.
Bill Lord

I had a look but couldn't find the prices or much about Twin Axles

I was thinking about having a break down around the Dorset area soon and having a
Powertouch factory fitted

But trying to find a space in my diary is awkward at the moment

It shouldn't be I'm retired :-((

DieSea

Old August 31st 09, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Have a look at http://www.rhyno.moonfruit.com/

I was thinking about having a break down around the Dorset area soon and having a
Powertouch factory fitted

But trying to find a space in my diary is awkward at the moment
It shouldn't be I'm retired :-((

It will get worse, I have absolutely no idea how I ever found time to
go to work.

Bill Lord

Old August 31st 09, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

I had a look but couldn't find the prices or much about Twin Axles

Have a look at http://www.rhyno.moonfruit.com/

I was thinking about having a break down around the Dorset area soon and having
Powertouch factory fitted

But trying to find a space in my diary is awkward at the moment
It shouldn't be I'm retired :-((

It will get worse, I have absolutely no idea how I ever found time to
go to work.

Bill Lord

Thanks Bill

I've bookmarked the website

There's no mention of the types of actuation

Because of where its parked it can't be manual

DieSea