thetford toilet

Old August 31st 09, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pete

Default thetford toilet

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a household product to clean a
thetford toilet bowl. Ours is`nt looking as fresh as it was. It seems
to be a bit discoloured as of late. (her indoors gives it a good clean
when we get home with soap and water) I`m always a bit warey of
cleaners on a plastic surfaces. Pete
Old August 31st 09, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David P

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:04:32 -0700, pete wrote:

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a household product to clean a
thetford toilet bowl. Ours is`nt looking as fresh as it was. It seems
to be a bit discoloured as of late. (her indoors gives it a good clean
when we get home with soap and water) I`m always a bit warey of
cleaners on a plastic surfaces. Pete

Have you tried lemon juice? works a treat on the plastic washbasin and
shower tray.

Old August 31st 09, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"David P" wrote in message
o.uk...
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:04:32 -0700, pete wrote:

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a household product to clean a
thetford toilet bowl. Ours is`nt looking as fresh as it was. It seems
to be a bit discoloured as of late. (her indoors gives it a good clean
when we get home with soap and water) I`m always a bit warey of
cleaners on a plastic surfaces. Pete

Have you tried lemon juice? works a treat on the plastic washbasin and
shower tray.

Hi the best thing is brasso, or tcut, works a treat on plastic baths also.
An old plumbers tip, and I used to be one.

lofty

Old September 5th 09, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On 31 Aug, 23:48, "Lofty" wrote:
"David P" wrote in message

An old plumbers tip, and I used to be one.

lofty

What? an old plumber??

My new address is

Mary

Old September 6th 09, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:48:55 +0100, "Lofty"
wrote:

"David P" wrote in message
news:[email protected] co.uk...
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:04:32 -0700, pete wrote:

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a household product to clean a
thetford toilet bowl. Ours is`nt looking as fresh as it was. It seems
to be a bit discoloured as of late. (her indoors gives it a good clean
when we get home with soap and water) I`m always a bit warey of
cleaners on a plastic surfaces. Pete

Have you tried lemon juice? works a treat on the plastic washbasin and
shower tray.

Hi the best thing is brasso, or tcut, works a treat on plastic baths also.
An old plumbers tip, and I used to be one.

lofty

Careful with that one!

I was going to say keep clear of anything abrasive. The plastic is
polyethylene - unlike domestic baths, and a lot softer. I have never
needed to use anything other than water and a brush on ours.

Just a thought, but do you add anything to the flushing water? Could
that be the cause of discolouration. I know that the dreaded pink
stuff discolours the inside of the flush tank something awful! Our
'van(second-hand) had terrible pink discolouration inside the flush
tank when we got it. We never use any top tank additive and the
toilet bowl still looks the same as when we bought the 'van several
years ago.

I like the lemon juice idea! That could work, as also could Orange
oil.

Neil